A few more songs.
Some of these are ones that my friends from my high school years would definitely say reminds them of me.
Can't have forget this one. The Go-go's were one of my favs and I even tried to round up my friends to do a Go-go's song with me for an airband competition at our school.
And my collection could absolutely not be complete with this....
Journey and Steve Perry. Ah yes. The memories flood back. The crush I had on Steve Perry (his voice mostly) which become a small obsession once he released Oh Sherry. Of course he spelt it wrong, but I forgave him.
I think I wore out a couple of my Bryan Adams' cassettes. I wore out Cuts Like a Knife listening to the song The Best was Yet to Come over and over and over again. Then I wore out Reckless... especially listening to this song....
This song brings back memories of this intense crush I had on a boy I met while on a tour with the school band. We danced to this song. I never thought I would see him again. Then, first day of school, 12th grade.... who comes walking in the front door? It was Jim. I just about collapsed. LOL... I did finally tell him at our grad party. I'm sure the alcohol helped me find the nerves. As he sat and cuddled with his girlfriend, I sat down beside them and proceeded to tell him how I had crushed on him for months and months before and after he moved here. A light went off and he remembered our initial meeting almost 2 years before. He winked and said I should have told him sooner. I think his girlfriend, although she was smiling and laughing with us, secretly wanted to smack me. The next morning at the champagne breakfast, she made a point of talking to me all very friendly like. Which was humorous because she hadn't spoke to me once since she got that modelling contract 4 years prior. Silly high school girls.
2 comments:
FLG -
Thanks for hitting my Blog, and letting me cruise thru yours. I graduated Class of 1982, so musically I'm there with you. In College, my roomate dated a dude just because he "looked like" Steve Perry! Only in his dreams, haha.
Anyhoo, thanks and happy Blogging
Bryan Adams - so many memories set to those tapes!
Post a Comment