Monday, February 05, 2007

memories.... like the forest of the mind

Was just thinking back .....

memories...



  • dancing on my Daddy's feet to his favorite song, "Song Sung Blue" by Johnny Mathis. I couldn't find the Johnny Mathis version to post... but click here for the Neil Diamond version


  • baking with my mom... well my mom baking... and me playing with some pastry making 'cookies' and 'treats' for daddy.

  • watching snow fall out the window with my brother.

  • Daddy taking me swimming.

  • Mommy teaching me how to sew and spool knit.

  • Mom rescuing my doll's hair from the vacuum cleaner after I hung her hair off the chair my mom was vacumming around.

  • Mom and Dad helping me build a diarama for social studies.

  • My brothers home made valentine cards. (I still have one)

  • My grandmas cookie jar.

  • Grandpas candy jar. the only way he would share with me is if I crawled up on his lap first. =)

  • Grandma Lee's cooking. All of it. Sooooo good.

  • Staying with Grandpa M and Grandma Lee for a week while in high school and watching football and beauty pagaents with Grandpa after having tea with Grandma.

  • Fishing with Dad and my brother. My favorite part was gutting the fish afterwards.

  • Playing games with my brother.

  • Playing lego with my brother.

  • My brother offering to 'deal' with someone I was having a problem with at school.

  • My dad teaching me about my car.

  • Driving lessons with my mom or dad. (sorry mom and dad... glad you still love me. hehe)

  • So so many more.... =)

1 comment:

James Goudie said...

my dad took my sister and I fishing once. my sister just held the rod with one hand and the other hand on her hip. I caught a fish, but didn't want the thing on my line. so i dropped the rod and ran.

haha