Thursday, April 19, 2007

The countdown

I love this picture of V. Even with the lunch on her sweater!
Negotiations for the job continue. I should know today what our final agreement is. Target start date: Wed., Apr. 25. I am very excited, as is the whole family. I am sure the kids (Jman, Lex and Sam-sam) are just thinking, "Whoo-hooo! We have the house to ourselves for 3 hours everyday!" I shudder at the thought. LOL! But, what they don't know is that their daily chore list will keep them pretty darn busy. Busy enough, to keep them out of too much trouble, but not so much that they can't be kids. Again, shudder!


I took Jman for his permit test yesterday. First we arrived there and realized that he did not have any ID with him. DOH! So back home we go. I could just hear the money sucking through the gas tank. When we returned, the wait wasn't too long, and Jman was feeling good and confident about the test. He failed by one question. He was feeling rather deflated afterwards. So, his testing fee allows him to write the test two times. So we will go back on Monday, after school. I felt bad for him, and even worse for our bank account with all these trips into town for this thing. Later, though, it seemed kind of comical, as D and I escaped the house for a little us time, we had to laugh at the whole thing. Anyway, I am sure he will pass it on Monday. After all, he now knows that the test will ask completely asinine and obscure questions.





Well... with only a week until I go back to work, I have much to do:



~~ organize a menu plan and pre-prepare as much as possible



~~ wade through a butt-load of papers to file and shred



~~ super-clean house from top to bottom, de-junking as much as possible as I go



~~ enjoy this last week as a SAHM with V.



~~ create chore lists, with detialed instructions so that I don't have to hear, "well I didnt know I had to do that" and then be forced to turn into evil 'how-many-times-do-I-have-to-beat-the-common-sense-into-you?' mom. (I mean really, why is it so hard for them to empty the garbage can when they see that it is full and the garbage they have just added has fallen onto the floor, they picked it back up, carefully balanced it on top, and then quickly closed the door so they can say, "oh I didnt know it fell off." AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH)



~~ plan vacation... LOL









... so off with me then.







EDIT:



As I was posting this, emails were flyin' at me!! So Wednesday it is!!! I am a working girl!





And my friend Questers read my blog and being the sweetheart that she is, sent my Vicki - without her lunch on her shirt!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats on the job! I'm excited for you. My head is spinning at your to-do list!

LOL about the picture!

Mandy said...

Yay! I'm sooo happy for you! So, remind me again what you will be doing?

Winnie said...

You deserve it!!!
Change is good...no it's refreshing! I look forward to working at my own career again!!

shari said...

I'm starting in a reception position, but over the next few months, other administrative responsabilities will be added. Then a few more in Sept. So in the end I'll be doing reception/administrative support.

Although the GM kidded that he was going to put me in sales, because I was a tough negotiator for my salary. hehe

Miss-buggy said...

Good for you Shari! Too bad I will miss you while you are in Canada visiting. V is very pretty. She really looks like you. From what I can see and tell. She is so sweet and SO BIG!
Yeah I got overwhelmed just reading your to-do list. Good luck! In my thoughts