Still no news on the job. What they told me was this, their current employee has been performing poorly. She is currently on a 3 week probation and if things don't get better, its adios, she's outta there. Their (yes, the gm and department manager both interviewed me) indications were that they don't expect anything to change with current employee. GM also indicated that he has already made up his mind, but would like to follow procedure.
I'm excited about this opportunity, as I love office work, but having been out of the work force for a few years now, and having only limited experience previous to that, well, let's just say that if they were considering anyone else for this position right now, they wouldn't be shaking in their stylish yet inexpensive boots over competition with me. lol that was one huge run-on sentence!
Anyways, I am confident that I will soon be juggling a work and home schedule. I have already arranged care for V. The other kids are all excited about this. It is full-time. I am a little anxious about how this change will affect the kids, particularly V. I figure that if it is just too difficult for them/her, then I can always return home and try again later. But, I feel pretty good about it, too. V will be in great care, with people who love her and whom she loves already. Jman and Lex are ready to step up and help out around the house. Sam is excited for me and has offered to help out as well. If this all goes ahead, this means we could actually be able to get a home of our own, sooner than we thought. My hubby won't have to stress so much about looking after us all. Yay! So please pray for the job and a smooth transition into a new routine.
Things are otherwise good on the home front here. Been busy, and yet not. Taught Sammi how to loom knit last week. She has made a doll hat and is now working on a scarf for herself.
I am sure there are many more thoughts of actual significance in my brain, but they are trapped there, unable to escape until ingested caffeine has coursed its way through my veins to my brain to release them. (another very long sentence.. lol)
3 comments:
oh how exciting!!!
that will be a huge change for you all.
Good luck!
thanks. I am very excited!
Good luck - I personally love working - it is all about scheduling. My hubby thinks I am nuts when i am lining up shoes by the door at night but mornings go much smoother that way ;-) I hope it all works out for you and your family.
Post a Comment