Tuesday, October 10, 2006

random thought stuff

  • pain, mostly. i have had constant headaches for weeks now. These aren't like the ones I used to get all the time. I'm really tired of always hurting.
  • I love my husband. He makes me dang happy. We went out last weekend on a date and had so much fun together. I wish everyone could have someone who they love spending time with, laughing with and talking with.
  • My kids keep me on my toes. There is always something going on, and often multiple things going on. the age spread of the kids makes for interesting family dynamics. Sometimes my headaches seem to appear around the same time that school is done for the day... hmmm... lol. Seriously, though, I couldnt ask for better kids. Tidier kids maybe. But, not better.
  • I miss my brother. (he lives far away and works way too much)
  • I love my friends. Kristi, Sharley, Liz, Mandy, Charity, Michelle, Jen. You all bring so much to my life and I hope you each know how deeply I love each of you. Then there are many other friends whom I may not know as intimately, but you also mean a lot to me. I miss you all when we are not together, and treasure the time that we do get to have.
  • I have mellowed over the last 5-6 years. I mean, really. I crochet now? What is up with that?
  • Life is not about all i can acheive, but about how well I have loved.
  • Making lifestyle changes with things like diet and excercise because I am getting old and fat, SUCK. No, I will not give up the creamer in my coffee!!! And HELL no, I will not give up my coffee.
  • People who think they know everything talk way too much. Sometimes it is better not to give your opinion. And just cause you are wearing a suit, doesnt make you smarter than me. ((I'm wearing a suit, too.... my birthday suit, you just can't see it))
  • It would be really nice to have a second vehicle for our family.
  • We are overwhelminly blessed with loving parents, supportive siblings and amazing in-laws and nieces and nephews. I miss you all when we are apart, but love you and pray for you all the time.
  • It would be really nice to have our own home, that we can do things with and not get told what we can and can't do with it. (mostly can'ts... plthplth)
  • I am most happy and content when D and all the kids are home and we are just hanging out.
  • My Lord and saviour will return and we will all see the truth.
  • I don't like spiders. Not even a little bit. I used to try and not kill them (thanks to living with Kristi who is all "don't kill it, it has feelings too" and I agreed for the most part), but dang it, those eight legged creatures have an entire world to live in. If they decide to come into my territory, it is war, and I WILL win. ((Sorry Kristi, I will try to never kill them in front of you))
  • I am not scared of bees and wasps. (not sure when that happened, maybe Will has something to do with it.) Hornets, though.... still freak me out.
  • Rats living in our garage piss me off. Our garage is clean and there is nothing for them to eat.. so shove off you four legged leaches.
  • Loving to cook has become a part of who I am. I love to put together a meal and have my family and friends enjoy eating. If you don't like something I made, please don't tell me. lol
  • Eating doritos and drinking red wine bring D and I so many memories. I plan to almost always have a bag of doritos and a bottle of good red wine in the house.
  • My kids make me smile, a lot. There is nothing like laughing with your kids.
  • My husband makes me smile, a lot. He can also make me get "the look". the kids usually clear out when I get "the look". But eventually, it comes back to me smiling.
  • Life is good.

8 comments:

Scott said...

crochet? omg... how life changes

Kristi said...

LoL! @ the spiders!
I jsut figure there's a perfectly good door or window you can put them out so why not. I'm soo not into cleaning bug guts.
Funny.
It jsut doesn't appeal to me.

I love you Too!
You make my heart Glad.

shari said...

Scott - I know!!! I used to hate crafty things. Not so much the doing of them, cause it was fun as long as I was doing it with others, but I didnt want anything I made. I didn't and still don't want a bunch of crappy craft stuff around my house. LOL. But, now I make things as gifts, or for charity.

Muck - all i know is that spiders cannot stay, one of us has to go. So I make them go. gone. dead. never to return.

liz said...

Sorry your head is bothering you.

Next week looks good for a visit, Maybe Thursday?

shari said...

sounds good to me!!!!

Mandy said...

Big hugs to you my dear. I love you!

Michelle said...

I really enjoyed this post Shari.

Glad your doing well, except for those evil headaches...I hate headaches!

I've actually found myself wanting to learn to knit. What's up with that?

Wine...mmmm.....drink some for me!!

I agree fully about never giving up coffee!

Love you too.

Miss-buggy said...

What a nice post. Gave me some insight.
I am sorry about the headaches. They SO suck!! I will pray they stop.
I hate spiders too. the only thing with putting them out a window or a door is that you would have to touch them. Even if you don't and you put them on a paper what if they all of a sudden make a run at you!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't STAND spiders!!