Thursday, September 01, 2005

first day of school

11:00 last night in our living room :
Me: I'm heading to bed
Sleeping husband on couch: Me too
12:30am in our bed:
Husband: So how was your day?
Me: it was ok.
H: I can't sleep.
Me: Me either.
(insert lengthy conversation about how our days went here)
2:00am
Me: I can't believe we have been talking so long, I am going to be so tired tomorrow.
H: Ya, you sure are.
Me: Really, we should go to sleep
H: Ya, good night
Me: Good night.
2:10am
H: So anyways, you think Vicki is sick because she is teething?
Me: Ya....
(and so it went for another 1/2 hour)
So, its 7:45 am now. Been up since 6:00. First day of school.
2 down, 1 to go, then its just Vicki, me and my coffee.
**sigh**

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

September is a time for new beginings. No wonder you can't sleep. So many new things for you and Darin and the kids. Hate to say it but before you blink it will be Vicki's turn to start her new begining. I always thought life would be smooth and settled but it seems to be one bump after another instead.
Try warm milk and an asprin to help you sleep but sometimes those night long conversations sort out all sorts of bumps.

shari said...

Hi anon! Yes, September always brings new things. I am always happy to get back to the routine of school and activities, but I also miss the freedom of summer.

I think I will be sleeping good tonight!

Kristi said...

this is pretty!