Monday, June 06, 2005

Blessings - Entry 1

Totally in love with being a Mom today.
The smiles, the hugs, the "I love you's" and even the head explosion moments.... It's just all so dang good.

7:00am-- Josh is rifling through papers "Piece of crap!!!"... with a little help I find what he is looking for and the kiss on my cheek and "thanks Mom" warmed me to my toes.

7:25am-- Lexi brings her full laundry hamper to me in the laundry room. There is a note on her soccer jersey saying "Must be washed today". Lexi explains that it was actually due back today, but she forgot to bring her laundry down, so "please, please, please, can you wash it today?". As she heads out the door after hugs and kisses, she says, "Thanks Mom. Have a good day." Again with the warm toes.

7:53am-- Just out of the shower and her hair still a little too wet, Sammi enters the kitchen with her rain coat on. "Is it raining in the house again?" I ask. "Yup" she giggles. "Only here on the west coast..." I say. Again she giggles and gives me huge hug. I'm going to miss her so much this summer.

8:25am-- It's almost time to take Sammi to school and Victoria is still sleeping. I open her door and she lifts her head and smiles at me then immediately burst into a long string of her secret language ending it in "...Mommy. HI!"

It just doesnt get better than this!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you've got a good bunch over there!! I've been having a "Good Mommy" day as well!! It feels sooo good today!!

liz said...

Becka and I were just lying on my bed watching tv together, her little arm was across me, on the commercial she squeezed me tight and said 'you're my favorite'
It fills your heart right up!

Kristi said...

Awwww!

Nikki said...

soooo cool...those moments make it all worthwhile :)

Miss-buggy said...

awwww.... so cute. Makes me think that being a mom might be a good thing. Not for a while yet though!!