Monday, May 02, 2005

Arrgggghhhh

I hate packing!!!!!!!!!!
There are never enough boxes. Vicki keeps unpacking what I pack. My hands are black from the newspaper. What the hell with the paper cut? Where did that come from?
I'm scared to go downstairs. The kids packed up their stuff on the weekend. One claims to be finished. One changes the subject when I ask. And one pouts everytime we mention anything that even remotely resembles applied effort and thought... so you can imagine how well this is going.
Sample:
ME: "You need to go pack up all the stuff off your bookshelf."
CHILD: "K" (followed by pouting and the slowest walk to the bedroom you can possibly imagine)
FIVE MINS LATER: "Can I be done now? I packed a box"
"Is there anything left on your bookshelf?"
"Mmmm..." (blank stare, as if I am speaking greek)
"You need to pack everything off your bookshelves. It needs to be finished."
"K" (followed by pouting and again with the slow walk in the bedroom direction)
FIVE MINUTES LATER: "I did it."
"You did what?" (showing signs of annoyance by this time)
"I packed up my shelf"
"Just one?"
"Mmmm..." (blank stare)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(my head explodes all over dining room )
*
Its going to be a bloody long two weeks!

9 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

USE THE WORDS,,,,,,,,,,,,, "IF IT ISN'T IN A BOX IT GOES IN THE TRASH!"

Michelle said...

I sympathize!! I HATE PACKING!! I had a hard enough time with just the two of us and a newborn, we still have stuff that isn't unpacked...ARGH!!\

P.S. When your done we will definatly need to do a girls night(or day) out!!

Kristi said...

I like the 'if it isn';t in a box it goes in the trash'
I think I'll use that.
oh wait I already did!!!
I can always use it again.

Kristi said...

by the way ............
love the explosion picture.
Very descriptive!!!

shari said...

Oh, I have so told them all that. But they are all going on the theory that it won't really happen. I guess girl child #1 forgot how much stuff went missing when we moved from the Muck and Muck house to the apt.
Girl child #2 just doesnt like work and has never done this before. Always been done for her, so she is just learning.
Boy child... well... I can always motivate him by banning all video and computer games until he is done. Works great.

holymotherofgod said...

ROFL !!!
You rock for the nuclear bomb action ! And I am so sorry you have to endure the moving madness, it's evil. Before we bought our house we moved 6 times in just under 2 yrs.
*shudder*

Miss-buggy said...

I hate moving too. For some reason we seem to move every year. Never far though. Two times ago my husband and I bout a bunch of rubbermaids. They were on sale. I will never use boxes again. Someone still has some from their move ;)(hehehe) it is so convienient.

Anonymous said...

Can I throw my house out???

shari said...

Sure.... then you can come live with me... We'll smuggle you both across the border. hehe