.... I can't seem to make up my mind on my hair. To streak or colour. To cut or keep long. To layer or have all one length... Any ideas??? EDIT: Friday, April 8 Ok... found a couple pics of me when I was blonde which wasnt easy! Please dont laugh...
Hmmm...hair is such a personal thing, there are a few things I've discovered though. I like layers, they add shape and movement to my hair, they also keep my hair from looking heavy. I LOVE my streaks but am finding them hard to keep up(I hate the roots showing), and expensive. I am going to go get mine dyed back to my natural colour soon so I'll have one less thing to worry about!! Another thing to keep in mind, it grows back and can always be dyed again, so try something new!!
Streaks? No I don't think so. Michelle is right too hard to keep up. Just pick a colour that can grow out in a dignified way. Worry about the stlye after. You've always been able to pull of a short cut really well. However, with a little one underfoot spending the time styling may not be your best choice. Maybe stay long and layered for awhile till V. gets bigger. You can always throw it up that way!
I am SO there if you have a dyeing party. My grey is shinning through more than ever and it's driving me crazy!!! I have it all throughout my hair and a big patch right in the front... argh.
I've done Mucks before when it was short. I used to do another roomates too. she had long hair. I Can Do It!!!! We have the techonology!!! Just bring 2 kits for the long hair or I have to be creative.
The way Lexi just got her cut would be perfect, BUT my hair is nothing like her hair, so it would probably look retarded on me. It's so cute on her though. Her bangs fall at about her cheekbones and the the rest is in chunky layers, falling around her shoulders. Very flattering for her and she is having much fun styling all different ways.
So I guess the question now, is what colour? I'm torn between a light warm shade of brown(like brown sugar or caramel), or a darker chesnut like tone.
This party sounds like fun. Everyone bring their colour kit and an old towel, a snack and bevvie and its a girls night.
I hear ya Michelle, but what I have learned is that as long as you aren't changing your colour by more than a couple shades, its pretty safe. I used to colour my hair blonde. I have a lot of red in my hair so I would always be way to strawberry for my likeing. So in my attempt to fix that, I have turned my hair green a couple of times.
Not colouring my hair blonde with the help of a professional anymore.
Thank goodness you had a hat. I was just looking up some old pictures... Thought I would post a pic of me as a blonde for kicks. My album goes... blonde, blonde, suddenly brunette... hehe...
I had a friend in high school who was alwyas changing the colour of her hair. One day she decides to bleach it to get all the different colours out. Sounds like a good idea right?? I agreed to help and was HORRIFIED when her hair came out 4 different colours. Some blonde, some orange, some red and some brown. The bleach could only get down go many layers!!! I would have died if it had been my head. She just laughed and shrugged and said "well, that doesnt' work", then cut it short and let it grow out. I think this was the experiance that scared me off colouring without a professional. It was SCARY!!
We have a few hairdying stories remember shari, you me and char my 22nd birthday, my house, us in our old hair dying tee-shirts drinking wine, and we had 'purchased' scott at the slave auction at church, he came dressed up in black and white, he cooked and served us his cornish game hen dinner (it was really yummy). hehe that was a fun night.
so many stories... so little time... my kitchen table still has a stain on it from when julie was colouring her hair and had some on her hand/arm and then got it on the table.
My hair used to grow really fast and so I always fealt pretty safe to try new things with it, knowing that it would grow out pretty quick. I don't feel that adventurous anymore. Hmmm... wonder why...
23 comments:
Hmmm...hair is such a personal thing, there are a few things I've discovered though. I like layers, they add shape and movement to my hair, they also keep my hair from looking heavy. I LOVE my streaks but am finding them hard to keep up(I hate the roots showing), and expensive. I am going to go get mine dyed back to my natural colour soon so I'll have one less thing to worry about!! Another thing to keep in mind, it grows back and can always be dyed again, so try something new!!
hair coloring party at my house? oh that brings memories......
Hmmm
Streaks? No I don't think so. Michelle is right too hard to keep up.
Just pick a colour that can grow out in a dignified way. Worry about the stlye after.
You've always been able to pull of a short cut really well. However, with a little one underfoot spending the time styling may not be your best choice. Maybe stay long and layered for awhile till V. gets bigger.
You can always throw it up that way!
Hey Michelle!!!
My daughter goes to school with holly!
small world.....
Kristi:
That's too funny!! Your daughter goes to school with my sister in-law. It really is a small world!!
I am SO there if you have a dyeing party. My grey is shinning through more than ever and it's driving me crazy!!! I have it all throughout my hair and a big patch right in the front... argh.
So Kristi, are you going to dye all of our hair for us? Mine is getting to long and thick to do it myself.
why Not!!
Afterall I am amazing. How hard could it it be?!?
I've done Mucks before when it was short. I used to do another roomates too. she had long hair.
I Can Do It!!!!
We have the techonology!!!
Just bring 2 kits for the long hair or I have to be creative.
The way Lexi just got her cut would be perfect, BUT my hair is nothing like her hair, so it would probably look retarded on me. It's so cute on her though. Her bangs fall at about her cheekbones and the the rest is in chunky layers, falling around her shoulders. Very flattering for her and she is having much fun styling all different ways.
So I guess the question now, is what colour? I'm torn between a light warm shade of brown(like brown sugar or caramel), or a darker chesnut like tone.
This party sounds like fun. Everyone bring their colour kit and an old towel, a snack and bevvie and its a girls night.
I'm not trusting of do it yourself hair dye(a little paranoid I guess) but I would definatly come and help!!
I hear ya Michelle, but what I have learned is that as long as you aren't changing your colour by more than a couple shades, its pretty safe.
I used to colour my hair blonde. I have a lot of red in my hair so I would always be way to strawberry for my likeing. So in my attempt to fix that, I have turned my hair green a couple of times.
Not colouring my hair blonde with the help of a professional anymore.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Remember the emergency Wal-Mart trip when you decided to go Ash?!?
that was damn funny!
I couldn't live with you lookin like that.
it was a big OOPSy!
OH I remember!!
Thank goodness you had a hat. I was just looking up some old pictures... Thought I would post a pic of me as a blonde for kicks. My album goes... blonde, blonde, suddenly brunette... hehe...
I had a friend in high school who was alwyas changing the colour of her hair. One day she decides to bleach it to get all the different colours out. Sounds like a good idea right?? I agreed to help and was HORRIFIED when her hair came out 4 different colours. Some blonde, some orange, some red and some brown. The bleach could only get down go many layers!!! I would have died if it had been my head. She just laughed and shrugged and said "well, that doesnt' work", then cut it short and let it grow out. I think this was the experiance that scared me off colouring without a professional. It was SCARY!!
post the Blonde!
Post the Blonde!!!
We have a few hairdying stories remember shari, you me and char my 22nd birthday, my house, us in our old hair dying tee-shirts drinking wine, and we had 'purchased' scott at the slave auction at church, he came dressed up in black and white, he cooked and served us his cornish game hen dinner (it was really yummy). hehe that was a fun night.
or the time you put highlights in my hair.....
or the time we had to make an 'emergency' run to the old shoppers for a new color......
so many stories... so little time... my kitchen table still has a stain on it from when julie was colouring her hair and had some on her hand/arm and then got it on the table.
Awweeee thanks Sass.
My hair used to grow really fast and so I always fealt pretty safe to try new things with it, knowing that it would grow out pretty quick. I don't feel that adventurous anymore. Hmmm... wonder why...
so I work next saturday.........
hmm.
maybe sunday next week???
Give it a think
Shari, I think you get the "most comments award" for this post. It's the most I've ever seen.
23?? Jenn had one in feb that had over 100 comments, Wow!!
Post a Comment