So today was the day......
front door: BANG!!
Lexi & Josh: hi Mom!
Me: Lexi?
L: ya?
Me: What are you doing home? Didnt you have soccer?
L: Ya
Me: So????
L: I didnt feel like going today.
Me: Why not? Are you not feeling well?
L: No, I'm fine. Just didnt want to go.
Me: Lex you cant just not go cause you dont feel like it. You are part of a team... (insert lecture about responsability here)..... pause.... Did you get the cheerleading results?
L: Ya.
She walks by and tosses a very crumpled paper in my direction as she heads for the stairs.
L: I didn't get in.
I followed her downstairs after uncrumpling the paper and reading it. She was in the bathroom. So I headed back upstairs. Within a moment their was a teary eyed Lexi in my arms and we shared her dissapointment. She is already thinking about next year and trying again. She was even a good friend and celebrated with her friends who made it in. I'm proud of how hard she worked to be ready for those try-outs and how much grace she showed in her loss. She is growing into quite an amazing young woman.
*sigh*
Now, does anyone remember that Mom who hired the hitman to ensure her daughter made it into cheerleading??? Hmmmm........
6 comments:
Oh... and one girl from Lexi's group did make it in. WTG Stephanie. Don't give up Lexi and Chrystal, there is always next year. =)
Being a mom is tough sometimes, good for Lexi for dealing with it so well! I went through a similar experience with Becka and the talent show tryouts this week. Give Lexi a hug from me.
What a strong girl you have!!
I remember how dissapointed I was when they cancelled the cheer leading team at my school. I had finally made it into something and they went and cancelled it. Next year she will be even better than she was this year and it will be no problem.
Being a mom sucks! It doesn't seem to get any better as they get older, your heart hurts just as much. This will help her develop into a strong, compassionate woman but that doesn't help right now. You're doing all the right things and it gets better.
aww Muck!
I know that hurts you as much as her
The worst part was holding her while she cried and knowing that this is just one of many dissapointments and rejections she will experience in her life, and that there is nothing i can do to change that.
Post a Comment