My new friend's name is nitrous-oxide. All went well at the dentist. No cavities, and they couldnt find a cause for the tooth ache. But, amazingly, it is gone now. Probably the anxiety. I hate it that the dentist affects me that way. But anyways, all is well now, and I dont have to go back for a year, as long as I don't have any problems. Gotta like that!!
6 comments:
Glad it went well.
That's awesome Shari! Good news! I'm glad it's over for you (for a year anyway!) :)
Yay on your new friend :) Glad it's done and behind you.
What is this nitrous-oxide that you speak of???
How does that work. Can you request it?
The dentist freaks me out too. I've never truly had a good experience. Even for a cleaning. Yes I too tense up so badly it feels like I've been in a car thats flippe over 4 times when I've left. Every muscle in my body hurts.
I wonder if the Dentist notices
nitrous-oxide is laughing gas, I believe. They give you very low dosages of and it relaxes you. It is not usually covered by dental insurance though. (I didnt know this until I got home and Darin informed me) But if it makes the whole experience better, its worth it. Although I havent seen the bill yet.
Talk to your hygenist about it. They also gave me headphones with music to listen to as a further distraction. It was great. I only cringed a few times.
this dental insurance you speak of...............
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!(note the uproareous laughter)
I don't go cause I have to pay so much regardless. I guess I'll never have a relaxed visit.
Its just such a far off dream............
Post a Comment