It seems that I have a new addiction. Well, not so much an addiction, as a festering interest. (I'm too poor to get addicted). In the not too far away past I started taking an interest in card making. Now this is a little humourous for those who know me as I have never been one for crafts. It's not so much that I dont like to make crafts, cause with friends, it is fun. But its more that I dont want the stuff I make in my house. Not my style. And as for scrapbooking, well, it would take me years to put finish any one project, and that would drive me crazy. So card making works out well for me. I enjoy making them, and then I give them away. No crappy, crafty clutter in my house. YAY. (I say crappy cause I may enjoy making things, but I'm not so good at it).
So its my mom's birthday in a few days. I decided to go into town yesterday and get a new stamp, or something fun and new, to make my mom's card. Well I live in a very small town. Apparently the scrapbooking place has closed down and there is now only one other place that has any craft supplies. They have a little of everything, but no great selection of anything in particular. So Lexi and I are looking at all the stuff. And we look. And we look. Did you know that they have special little tools for just about anything you could imagine? a special tool for lining up your stamps straight (12.95). A tool for making button holes (9.95). Special brushes for applying adhesive (6.95). After much deliberation I finally chose a corner punch (8.95). What I really wanted was some dry embossing templates, but then I would have to also buy the embossing tool (8.95) and a it's much easier if you have an lit box thingie for embossing (18.95). Sprays (what those were for, i have no idea). It's so hard to justify all this for making things that I look at for 10 mins, go "Ohhh" and "Ahhh" then stuff in a envelope and never see it again.
This is where my potential addiction lays in wait as a festering interest. So Darin is watching me struggle with cutting a straight line by hand, and lining up my stamp, and struggling with my glue and says, "you really should get some proper tools." Well all righty then!!!! He has no idea what monster he is unleashing. So new addiction, here I come. Umm... after next pay day, maybe... probably not. Okay... back to festering interest.
2 comments:
Sounds like a reasonably healthy addiction.
You can justify the money spent by reminding yourself you have 4 kids. Chances are they will need to use the expensive items for some school project along the way. So you'll get your moneys worth i'm sure.
I'm just not creative. Ever!
So I think its neat when someone can make a cool stick figure.
I'm simple. Doesn't take much.........
okay... I admit it...I have a problem with this addiction too. I don't dare pull out all my 'tools' when Dennis is home, I don't think he would understand. Nice to know you do.
Post a Comment