Thursday, June 26, 2008

the sands of time

Been having some email conversations with some friends from High School (I LOVE Facebook!!!). We have been catching up on our lives and talking about some of our memories. It sure has a way of making a girl feel her years.

Strange how as I recall memories from my high school years, I don't feel like 20 years have passed. But, as we share the details of our current lives and give overviews of 20 years of life history, high school and the person I was then feels like it was a completely different lifetime.

Memories and emotions stir and I am 16 again. All awkward, unsure and totally dorky. (yes, I was definitely NOT cool in high school!)

Then other memories make me think, "who was that girl, I don't even know her anymore. I am such a different person."

Makes me very aware of the changes that have taken place within myself. I wish I could make my kids understand how much things change, and yet stay the same. Maybe the future wouldn't scare them so much. Maybe it would scare them more. lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well put.