Thursday, April 17, 2008

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

Parenting - the single most challenging, difficult, important and rewarding thing one will do their life.

Lately, for D and I, it has been more difficult than rewarding. The stress, heartache and headache we have been experiencing over the last months, particularly over the last couple of weeks, has me feeling as lost and overwhelmed as Margaret, the character of my favorite book when I was a preteen girl. (don't worry guys, the ladies all know exactly what I am talking about).

Besides the heartbreaking situation with my only baby boy, we have a pre-teen on the cusp of turning into a teenager that has be playing one household of parents against the other, causing stress in the carefully constructed relationship between us and her mother (who lives 4 states away). We worked really hard on having open communication between us, and even got to the point where I consider my husbands ex as a friend. And now some selfish and careless mutterings and complaints have caused strife and stress. It is very close to unravelling. Now it's all kid gloves and tiptoeing.

I really really need to hit someone.

Any volunteers?

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh Frig!

I hate it when women, and I guess men too, can't understand that we are just human.
WE get pissed and stuff gets said.
Sometimes its meant and sometimes its not.
But for F's sake....I have found growing into an "adult" to be a great filter for such things.
Too bad some are still in the pupae stage (meow)
but anyhow....stuff, feelings, emotions....it happens. Get mad, GET OVER IT and move on.

i feel for you Muck. I'm still trying to work on any kind of whatever with the pupae in Mountains life. Let alone to have it torn apart!

I'd wanna Hit someone too!

Take care. I will try calling you again

steph said...

The blended family is a house of cards! The good thing is everytime it gets blown down, you rebuild! You have too because kids are permanent!