Tuesday, March 04, 2008

coming up short

The powers that be in the corporation I work for decided that yesterday was a good day to switch out our server. Now don't get me wrong, it was definitely a much needed task. BUT, come on people, not a one afternoon job. Our IT guys show up in house here at around 12:30pm to begin their work. At about 2:30 they needed us all to shut er down. I left at 3, hopeful that we will be up and running when I returned this morning with the promised lightening speed.

ya, ummm NO. No network, no access to our files. We finally get to where we can log into our new server, but still no file access. Oh and the old server seems to be enjoying its nap, and does not want to waken to share all our files.

And our IT guys? Oh ya... returned back to corporate.

Lightening speed? Oh sure... but to where? Not to my files.

ARG.

k... rant done.

How is YOUR day?

No comments: