Wednesday, April 11, 2007




The weekend with MM here went well. We didnt plan a lot of stuff. We just wanted Sam and MM to enjoy their time together without having to be running around all over the place. She really enjoyed being able to watch Sam's softball practice and was struck by the beauty of our little neck of the woods. We colored eggs after practice. We decided to go to the saturday night service at our church, so that we could enjoy a nice leisurely Easter day, without having to go anywhere or do anything. And that is exactly what we did. MM LOVED our church and was very moved by the service. If she wasn't already convinced that she wanted to move out here, she definitely is now. She just needs to convince Sam's step-dad now. Sunday, we hunted for eggs, then ate, played some games, ate some more, played more games, ate some more.... well you get the idea. Monday, I had to pick up Jman and Lex from their dad's house, and when we got back, Sam, MM and V had gone for a walk to the park. When they returned, we had some lunch and then went ice skating. Sam had never been before and MM had only been once, when she was about Sam's age. Sam did great. MM enjoyed herself, but V hated it. The whole time she was on the ice, she just kept saying, "I don't like ice skating. Take me back." I rented one of the little helpers and managed to take her all the way around the rink one time. She complained the entire time. She fell down a couple times, and that certainly didnt help improve the situation. But, off the ice, she could sure run fast with her skates on. And she would watch the other little girls practicing their twirls and jumps and would say, "I can do that. I can put my leg up like that." LOL.


The kids are all on Spring Break now and I am so ready for a good night's sleep where I don't keep getting woken up by some giggling voices in the basement. There two extra kids sleeping over monday night, and three last night. Then add in that D was snoring louder than I have ever heard him last night, and you have one tired and cranky ME this morning.


Rumor has it that I am supposed to be receiving a job offer this week. I am very excited. And tomorrow, I take my baby boy to the DOL to take his driver's permit test. How is it possible that my baby is old enough to drive? **tears**


Well, stop on by my photoblog for a lot more pictures, but enjoy these for now....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Easter...love the pics. We dont do much Ice skating out here in Cali...reminds me of growing up in the Midwest!
Chris from Yahoo (avhack)