I had this very long and cool post that had like video clips and everything... when my browser crashed. AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
stupid stupid stupid
Why oh why, powers that be over blogland, can't I recover my post???
I'm so sad. It was great... about the eras of my life and the music that was my soundtrack through it all.... gone... bye bye....
waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Going to try this... one era at a time. That way if it all crashes again... well, maybe I won't go completely insane and through my computer out the window.
Soooooo....
Oh the innocence
Music has an amazing ability to speak into people. It can bring up memories of specific events, feelings, people or attitudes. I think we all would have an easier time choosing the soundtrack for our life stories than we would actually telling the story. At least, I would.
Now, bypassing the early childhood years, where the only music that I remember is what my parents listened too, and I so do not want Johnny Cash, dolly Parton or the Beattles as the soundtrack for my tender years.
The first album that made its way into my collection was the Grease soundtrack. It was actually my brothers, but he listened to it once and gave it to me. I listened to it over and over. I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John. She was sooo pretty.
And I will never forget rollerskating with my friends to this song...
When highschool rolled around, my music taste changed quickly with whatever the big craze was. Who can forget 'valley girl' and 'madonna wanna-be's'. I liked a lot of different music, that was until I went into my "rocker" phase. The hair bands of the 80's are still bring back memories of hanging out in the 'smoke-hole' and thinking I was soooo tough! Def Leppard spent a lot of time on my 'ghetto-blaster', but this song was the anthem of that era of my life.
Fortunately, that phase wore off and my musical taste diversified somewhat, to include classic rock, pop, and new wave. The 80's was a decade of one hit wonders, but through it all, my favorite was Madonna. I still enjoy her early music. Her True Blue album was the soundtrack of my life for about two years. But, the one song that I listened to over and over and over... and over.... was this one. And, I swear, when I sang along, I sounded exactly like her. lol
As grad year rolled around, you could still find Madonna in my cassette player a lot. Pat Benatar was a staple all through my teen years. Toto, REO Speedwagon, Thompson Twins, Tears for Fears, AC/DC, Bryan Adams (many a tear was shed listening to his ballads over and over), Depeche Mode, Platinum Blonde, the Cars, the Outfield, the Smiths, Van Halen and so many more... were albums and or cassettes I acquired through the years. Glass Tiger was the definite feel good band of the 80's.
Does anyone other than me remember the Screaming Blue Messiahs? LOL... And The The... man I loved this tape. This song is the definitive soundtrack song for my last couple years of high school...
Along with...
What songs sould you include on your soundtrack?
Did any of these bring back some memories for you?
next time: part two - the 90's... scary indeed
2 comments:
Woa!
I had a heck of a time getting in here.
I didn't listne to any of the music.
But I do remember your phases well.
I was all about Madonna, Cyndi Lauper and Madonna. Never had a 'rocker' phase. Just DAnce, dance, pop and Dance all the way!
you with Footloose and Wham. That always makes me think of you. Well and Steve Perry....is that the guy?
Anyhow....I gotta get out of this way-back Machine. Its my bedtime.
that was supposed to be Michael Jackson....not Madonna again.
Opsy
Post a Comment