You know the ones. Everything in lists. Everything written down. Everything accounted for. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not naturally inclined to this. It is not my personality to be, ummm, organized. And, ask me to find you a receipt or anything on a piece of paper, and it will create panic in me at the thought of having to search for it. ((side note... this is true at home, but when I was working, I always knew exactly where everything in my office was. Everything had a place. I am only disorganized at home))
I'm a calendar girl!!
I'm a calendar girl!!
All this is to tell you about my little friend, my calendar. I love my calendar. It looks like a great big day planner. It has a row for each day of the month and a column for each family member. However, there are only 5 columns, so V and I share. But really, its not likeI ever do anything without her and more certain is that she never does anything without me. So I have turned into one of those people who loves to turn the fresh page and start neatly writing in everyone's names and activities. The kids, have really become dependant on it. Especially my sunshine girl, who relies 100% on routine. Without it she is lost and more than a little cranky, I might add. I can really mess with the kids by putting things on the calendar, or by not putting things on there. Throws em right off. Brings out my inner sadist a little. heh.Recently overheard: "How come there is hardly anything in my column. I'm going to start writing things in, like, take a shower, clean your room and stuff. Just so I can have a busy looking life too." Personally, I thought that was a GREAT idea... the clean your room part, cuz this child's room..... SCARY!!!
By the end of the month, the calendar is a big ol mess, at least to the untrained eye.
Coordinating with our monthly calendar is our weekly calendar on the fridge. Here you find meal plans, chore lists and extra reminders of important things. Beside that is the list of important phone numbers, like all the kids friends so I know who to call when they are MIA. Add to that our write on/wipe off boards for phone messages and notes, which in all honesty spend more time with the kids special brand of art on them than anything.
So..... am I growing up and becoming more organized through maturity?
HECK NO!!!
I just can't remember what the hey is going on 90% of the time so I rely on the writing it down, and it better have a permanent location, or I'll lose that too. Much like my mind. I'm still looking for that. Anyone seen it?
2 comments:
hehehe - ilove lists and calendars and day timers..... welcome to the club.
Good for you!!
I need NEED to work on the whole organization thing before #2 arrives or I will get lost in the chaos. I just can't seem to find a place to start.....
Post a Comment