Tuesday, December 12, 2006



So I was putting the lights on my tree, Sunday afternoon. The family were all sitting around watching me... grrrrrr. But, that is another post. Anyways... I get up the first two strings and am trying to untangle string 3. I kneel down to work on it and suddenly there is a pain in my leg. First a pinching feelings followed by a searing burning feeling. OUCH!!! I pull up my pant leg to see what bit me. I am loudly proclaiming my discomfort on my leg, when it starts to bleed a bit. There is a tiny hole and it is blistering around it. There is another blister forming 1/2 from that one. I am freaking out thinking that some poisonous spider got me, when I finally see it.



A wasp!!!


Holy heck... isnt it december? Aren't they supposed to be hybernating? Sheesh. Well, if anyone is going to wake a sleeping wasp and piss it off, it will be me. I have a history, but that is also another post.




So I am jumping around shaking my leg. (yes, that is a funny image) The wasp finally emerges from my pant leg and D is grinding it in the floor. He examines my leg and confirms that I have more than one sting. The bleeding hole in my leg indicates that the bugger got me multiple times in the one spot. The blisters indicate that he got in a second spot. STUPID WASP.






I am tough. The worse part over, I return to stringing lights, and everyone returns to watching me. But, I can feel the poison moving throw my leg. Burning its way down. And my knee is getting stiff. So D makes a baking soda paste and cakes it on. It helped immensley. The burning stopped travelling down my leg. The swelling was minimal, for which I am releived, as I have had my leg swell badly from wasp stings before. Not fun!



Now, I just have a large, red and itchy patch on my leg. But I dont dare scratch it, as it starts to swell and burn. Sooooo..... what did you do for fun this weekend?

6 comments:

Lee said...

you what is so weird?? we had brought our tree up into the living room, and we sat down, and were trying to figure where we would put the tree this year. I look at my blinds, and see this insect sitting on the bling thing. My hubby goes to it, and it was a wasp! Alive, and just prowling...
no stings over here, but bizzarre that we have simialar 'wasp - in - december - while - putting - the - tree - up' stories.
(ok I over did it with the "-" but I couldn't stop!

shari said...

lol

i have also been know to overdo it with the "-"'s =)

Anonymous said...

They always go someplace warm to hibernate. Only the queen survives the winter. So it was a "royal" pain in the knee. Sorry to hear about it though, even Will doesn't go out of his way to get stung by a wasp.

Michelle said...

Ouch!!!

You know I have never been stung!

Hope it's feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Carp Muck!
That bites.

So I'd like to read the post about the family watching you with the lights..........
Although in their defense it really is a one person job

Kristi

Danea Burleson said...

OUCH!! So sorry to hear that. And how strange at this time of year. Hope it all heals up quick! :)