Monday, October 23, 2006

La la la

Thank you Liz and Dr. C.

Due to Biffie's persitance on taking me to see Dr. C, I am feeling so much better!! After speaking with the doc, and discussing the headaches and the bump on my head, he was able to determine a cause of the headaches. Not only that, he was able to provide a treatment bringing relief. He put a needle in my head. That was a little unpleasant, but I have experienced far worse things. He injected some stuff that burned it's way in. Ouch. But the result is, I haven't had a headache since, and I don't have funky other weird stuff going in the absense of the pain. YAY. I love you Dr. C.

The headaches are tension headaches. Not like from stress. But from actual physical tension on the tendons that support my head. It seems that my recent interets in yarn crafts, (crochet and knitting) has cause tension in said tendons. Then they inflame and while I sleep, knot up and cause me to awake with these horrible headaches.

So now, D says no more crocheting. Plth!!! I will just have to watch my posture and how long I sit and do it each day. I mean, I have way too much yarn and way too many started and not yet completed projects to quit now. And not to mention that I like it. I like accomplishing something with my time that would otherwise just be spent sitting and watching tv. And the best part.... when I complete a project, I give it away. LOL. Who knows if I will ever actually make something for me.

Oh, and ya, computer time aggravates the situation, but that is an easy fix. This means I can only check up on a few blogs a day. Sorry, friends, if I dont get to come by as often, but I gotta take care of me. Anyways, no headaches for now. (The shot will eventually stop working, but hopefully the tendon is no longer a problem by then.)

Time out with the girls on Saturday ((how are you feeling Mandy?)) was sure a nice break. So great to hang with the girls whom I love but dont get so see nearly enough of. Was so great to see Cari, Leah and Darlene. Char, my gosh girl, why oh why are our lives so busy, I absolutely loved seeing you. And what a blast to see Melissa. And Kristi's "Hot Neighbor" made an appearance. I won't publish what the responses were when I pointed him out, but lets just say that it was generally agreed that he was hot. Liz, you rock!!! But, you need to update your blog!! hehe. Happy happy birthday Mandy. I am so glad things are going well for you now. We missed you Kristi. Next time, I will make sure I have your cell # with me. I am soooo expecting those of you who have photographic evidence from saturday to email it to me. =)

So... off and running.... headache free... wooooo hooooooo

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad your Dr was able to figure out the headaches so quickly!! What a relief! Headache free is very very good!!

I'm so glad everything went well on Sat!! I was so sad to have missed it! We need to get together more ofter!!

liz said...

Shot is still working I see :)

Glad you are feeling better.

shari said...

We missed you too Michelle!!!

Kristi said...

massages are in order. Get the man on that!!

i missed you guys too. I was so ready to play!!
But I did get to see Hot Neighbor. WE don't get to talk like we used to since he moved away. *sigh*

Muck! I'm just gonna mail you my cell # right now!!