Friday, October 27, 2006

It really really sucks when people you care about are in the midst of drama and crap.

Some readers know exactly what I am referring to. Some may not, but we can all relate to times when you feel you need to defend someone's character, and it means standing between that person and another person you care about.

Here is the thing. I am totally confident that an error has been made and that person I am defending is innocent. I am also confident that the other party would not say what she did if she were not confident in the evidence at hand, but I disagree with her. I beleive that there has been an error, and this is based on my experience and knowledge of the subject, but even more importantly on the experience and knowledge of the subject of others who are way, WAY more advanced than I. That does not mean that I don't still care about and love my friend. It just means that I disagree with her. It means that I am frustrated with her. ((before anyone accusses ME of slander)). And YES, I will defend based on the integrity and character of the accussed.

When this all started brewing I took my blog off public access. Now, I just want to say that, my blog is public. I allow comments from anyone, but will delete any comment that attacks anyone other than me. You take offense to something I did or say, fine. Say so to me. You take offense to any of my friends comments, keep it to yourself.

That is it for now.

2 comments:

Scott said...

unfortunately shari it doesn't really matter if your friend is innocent or not. evidence is not nearly as powerful as a pathetic manipulative half truth. people want to believe there is a conspiracy.

and what if your friend is guilty of whatever it is. does that mean you should withhold your love.

one thing i learned last year is that some people think that withholding your love is the same as withholding approval. it isn't. you don't have to agree with someone to love them. you don't have to believe them to believe in them.

and don't let anyone tell you that you can love from afar. that's bullshit.

Sue said...

Shari, it speaks so loudly of your character and integrity that you continue to love and accept your friend while not agreeing with her actions. It is a very difficult place to be in and you have spoken well.