Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tagged


Ok... I was tagged on my 360 by my friend Starzie... so here we go.

Eight things about me:


1. I was adopted as an infant. My parents are awesome and I love my family. But that didnt stop my ex husband from registering me on an adoption reunion service online. (We were still married when he did it) Then, BAM. Oh look... here is your birth mother. I have gotten to know her and her family some and they are all nice, but I never asked for this. I have a Mom. I found the whole thing a little overwhelming at first. But, my birth mother has been very respectful about letting me set the pace of our friendship. That has helped a lot. My Mom and Dad got to meet my birth mother at my wedding. It was awkward, but good.

2. I like to act. I love to immerse myself in a character and become someone else for awhile. Trying to figure out what makes them tick. And then communicating it back to audience through my portrayal of that character. Drama, comedy, improv and all in between. Its all good!

3. I have a thing for boots. The fact that I do not own more than I do is testament to the fact that I have self control... or maybe just that I am poor and can't afford to buy all the boots I want.

4. I am Canadian. I love that I am Canadian. I love and respect both my native country and the one I now live in. (USA) The funny part, though, is that I grew up about 15 mins north of where I am living now. And although I grew up spending time is this little border town I now live in, the man I married here is not native from here. He lived four states away when I met him. hehe....

5. I love sports. I don't have one sport in particular that is my favorite. And, yes, being Canadian, I do love hockey. I don't follow any one sport all season. But I love to watch sports, particularily with other sports fans. I love watching football with my husband. He is amazingly patient when I ask him to explain some of the fouls to me. I love watching my kids in all their different sports. Well.... softball is a little slow.... but other than that... I love to play sports too. I suck at all of them, but I sure have fun.

6. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. lol. The part of that that really bites, is that when I finally figure it out, I will be starting from scratch. Because I never went to college and I have limited work experience. I have the most experience in office work, administration and accounting, which I am good at, but don't really want to do that for the rest of my life.

7. I was extremely scared of hospitals and surgery. Mostly because when my first daughter was born, the aneastetic didnt work, and during the c-section and I got to experience teh extreme pain of having your insides pulled out (literally EEEEWWWWWW). But when my last daughter was born and I had to have another c-section, I was amazingly calm. In fact, I was making the doctors and nurses laugh with my complaints about the lack of decor in the OR, and the cold tables and how hungry I was. I could see the entire operation reflected in the overhead lights and although that was extremely disgusting, it reassured me somehow. But, mostly I looked at the strange beeping machine that was monitoring me. Cuz... ummmm.... EW.

8. I have a horrible memory. Seriously, its awful. I have to write everything down. But, then, I forget to read my lists. They say that using deordorant/anti-perspirant is linked to Alzheimers. It must be true, cuz somedays I can't remember if I put on my deordorant, so I put it on again.

Ok... so I am to tag 6 more people.... so be watching your mailbox for your tag!!!

No comments: