Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How dare I whine...

I just read this story and thought I would share. It is both beautiful and a lesson. Check it out....


EDIT:
that link won't work because that page is private, sorry... I am copying it here:

They got 'married' tonight...
The bride was radiant. She wore a beautiful designer bridal dress.. and carried pink roses..
Her smile told it all.

I saw this story on the news tonight.. they showed some video of the reception. A grand wedding.. a huge stylish reception

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=64904&provider=top

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/453132p-381359c.html

Thanks to the Make a Wish Foundation.. this young girls dreams came true. A huge wedding and reception.. was given to this young couple.
She has approx two months to live... a rare form of brain cancer.
My heart goes out to her family.. and the boyfriend's family .. who both allowed this wish to happen for her. The boyfriend has my huge respect. Bravo to this young man.

God bless them all....

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You've peaked my interest but I don't think your link is working?

shari said...

ya, that page is private... oops. forgot about that. i copied in the story

Michelle said...

So sad!! But I'm so happy that they get to spend this time together!!

It reminds me of the movie A Walk to Remember. I love that movie.

shari said...

I said the same thing when I read it. I am going to need to watch that again soon.

Michelle said...

I think Mandy has it. I totally need to watch that again now!!

Kristi said...

Everytime I come here your blog has changed.

you know I can't handle change.
Your tests are fun!

shari said...

I think I will be leaving it like this, at least for awhile. Until I find the perfect new look. hehe