It was about 1985 (or 84?). I had an insane crush on Kevin, from youth group. So did my best friend, Kristi. He liked us both, but made a move on neither. We were fully aware of how dangerous a mutual crush could be for our friendship. Our solution?
The Contract
Now I dont remember details. But Kristi designed a contract. It was either, we both agree to back off. Or, if he did ask one of us out, that we would not hold it against one another or interfere. We both signed it, then Kristi took a picture as evidence, because although our other friends witnessed the whole thing, they thought we were crazy and we didnt trust them to remain objective.
Kevin never did ask either one of us out, but that is okay. What a fun memory from my youth!
7 comments:
it couldn't have been 1995 because you were not a youth then....
LOL yes... DOH
1985... i will fix that
i thot you had a crush on me!?
lol... different decade!
=P
you know I commented on this the other day when I read it.
I guess I didn't hit enter or soemthing,..............
Hmmmmm........\
I said something clever too.
Wouldnt you know it!
Too cute, that's a darling story Shari.
hey shari,
my computer is down at home, and I don't have access to my email at work, I hope we are still on for 12:00, I will meet you there. Call my cell if there is a problem.
Post a Comment