
Well, things have been all together crazy busy. Having Darin's parents here for only two weeks was not long enough. Next time it will have to be longer. And we will have to plan for a time when we don't have so many commitments. It was crazy. Crazy, but fun. We drove Sammi, Mom and Dad all down to Seattle yesterday for their flight. Sammi was heading to her Mom's for Christmas break. (Yes I said CHRISTmas and if you don't like that, move on to another page!) Darin and I tried to get some Christmas shopping done on the way home, but all we ended up coming home with was something for Darin. LOL.
So, I had this whole rant thing worked out, that I was going to make an entry on. Ranting about some of the programming and toys for kids. Mainly BRATZ. I hate Bratz. These dolls and their cartoon counterparts look like whores. And they are supposed to be "the only girls with a passion or fashion" but to me they perfectly represent much of what is wrong with our society today. Anyways, I had this whole thing worked out, but I didn't do it right away and now, it seems, that the moment has passed. I will say this though, parents, just because a toy is popular, or a show is on tv and geared toward kids, doesn't mean it is a quality toy and you should buy it. You are the adults, you need to use discretion. Put a little thought into the toys you buy your kids. Pay attention to what they watch on tv and what message it sends. Do you want YOUR daughters to dress like hookers? Cause that is how the Bratz dress and that is NOT cool. Anyways... Maybe that is something I will revisit another time.
All the controversy over Christmas is sure sad. It's time for Christians (practicing or no) to take a stand. Don't be fooled by the liberal attitude that "Christmas" is offensive. I for one, will return any greeting of "Happy holidays" with a hearty and joyful, "Merry CHRISTMAS!!"
Well, gonna go coffee with my hubby. Hope everyone is having a stress free and wonderful Christmas season!
So, I had this whole rant thing worked out, that I was going to make an entry on. Ranting about some of the programming and toys for kids. Mainly BRATZ. I hate Bratz. These dolls and their cartoon counterparts look like whores. And they are supposed to be "the only girls with a passion or fashion" but to me they perfectly represent much of what is wrong with our society today. Anyways, I had this whole thing worked out, but I didn't do it right away and now, it seems, that the moment has passed. I will say this though, parents, just because a toy is popular, or a show is on tv and geared toward kids, doesn't mean it is a quality toy and you should buy it. You are the adults, you need to use discretion. Put a little thought into the toys you buy your kids. Pay attention to what they watch on tv and what message it sends. Do you want YOUR daughters to dress like hookers? Cause that is how the Bratz dress and that is NOT cool. Anyways... Maybe that is something I will revisit another time.
All the controversy over Christmas is sure sad. It's time for Christians (practicing or no) to take a stand. Don't be fooled by the liberal attitude that "Christmas" is offensive. I for one, will return any greeting of "Happy holidays" with a hearty and joyful, "Merry CHRISTMAS!!"
Well, gonna go coffee with my hubby. Hope everyone is having a stress free and wonderful Christmas season!
4 comments:
oh that's where you have been, good to have you back.
Darling. So glad you had a wonderful visit with your family.
well finally we hear from you. I was begining to think you'd been covered up in snow, snow, snow. Welcome back and glad you had a good visit.
L
hi
my mom would not let me have a Barbie doll when i was 12 yrs old, cause she was...you know... well endowed...I was given a Tammy doll, who was flatter & fatter...and that was 38 yrs ago!
Time's haven't changed so much, it's just people give into the push & shove of product, cause there is just too many choices!... Does that make sense?
Post a Comment