The weather is really getting to me. Ok, first off, I didnt quite finish preparing my garden for winter, so that ticks me off. Second, I hate that I have to turn on the lights to see in the middle of the day. I mean, its just so gray and blah, and it is totally getting to me. I am having a hard time waking up in the mornings. Would really rather sleep. Thirdly, it seems that whenever I plan to go into town and run errands, or do a little shopping, it rains. Not just a little. It POURS. So then the drive sucks, and then I get soaking wet getting Vicki's stroller out, then getting Vicki out and then making our way back indoors. Makes me want to just throw something really big and heavy at the sky, like somehow I could break through the bleakness and let the sunshine in.
Lately, I have been craving some inspiration from God's majestic creation. You know, a walk through the woods to a beautiful waterfall, or across a beach to explore some tidepools. But either the weather or a family members obligations/social life prevents us from getting there.
Whoa! Stop right there!
Listen to me whine. This is where I do a ritualistic dance around the pity pot to abolish it into another dimension and get over my whiney-self. I hate it when I get like this. With the "whoa is me" and the "waaaa". 

This is me giving my attitude an adjustment. Just gotta get the rabbit ears just right to receive the frequency. Ahhh, that's better. It really is a matter of attitude adjustment. Not to say that it is all just a snap of the fingers, *click* and all better. BUT, there is always one common thread in all our situations that bring us down - ourselves. So it only makes sense that the place to start the quest to make things better is right here. ME. My attitude. My choices. My responses.
Our pastor gave one of the best messages I have ever heard, last week. If you have the time, take a listen. (Follow this link and click on the audio link beside "May Day, May Day. My Attitude is Losing Altitude.) He talks about his own struggle with depression. He talks about how our attitudes affect everything in our lives. It's real. It's something we all struggle with. Some of us, every single day. Other's less frequently.
No finger snapping answers.
Like I said, it's real.
No comments:
Post a Comment