Monday, November 21, 2005

I cant fit the damn turkey in my fridge


My fridge is too small. No room for a 22 lb. turkey to thaw. ARGH.

My in-laws are coming to stay with us for a couple weeks, next week. They are awesome people, whom I love and cant wait to see. Darin is getting very excited. He sure misses his Mom.

So, I probably wont be blogging much this week. Lots to do before they arrive AND its thanksgiving. And it looks like the landlord is going to be having some of our windows replaced soon. Someone was just here taking measurements. Our house is old and all the windows are still the original wood framed, single pane. We are so happy to have them replaced. Will make our house much warmer!!

Funny thing though, I am nervous. This will be the first time my mother-in-law will be in MY house. Last time they were here, it was Darin's house. So if it wasn't clean enough, not my fault. It there were no groceries, also not my fault. But now, it's my house. Now, I know my Mom-in-law already loves me. I know that my house could be a disaster and she will still love me. But, I look up to her and I guess I just want her to be pleased with how I care for her son, our family and our home. Silly maybe, me being nervous like this. But I cant help it. Or maybe I can. Maybe I just need to adjust my attitude, because I am sure Mom is not coming here with her white gloves and a check list. She is coming to spread some love on us and be WITH us, not to measure or judge. So clearly this is just my problem.

Pastor Kim has been preaching on attitude the last few weeks. Yesterday was, "An Attitude of Gratitde". I tell you, I dont know one person who doesn't need to hear these messages. Not that I think everyone has terrible attitudes. It's just that our attitudes color EVERTHING in our lives. Our perspectives, our responses and our feelings. These messages are so hopeful, so encourageing. And definitely a kick in the pants!! How is your attitude? Do you have a negitude or a positude? Are you thankful for what you have, or spend too much time whining about what you dont have? Ouch. That one always gets me. Do you look at a situation and wonder how YOU can improve it, or just complain and point your finger? Ouch again. There really is nothing, NOTHING that we can't make better (even just a little bit) by improving our attitude. Definitely good stuff to think on.

Okay... Off with me now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAmn Oversized Bird!

Anonymous said...

and you know it won't thaw out in the fridge and you'll be up to your elbows in a frozen turkey trying to get the neck out. I always break a nail or two. As far as mom in law is concerned, she's probably just as nervous as you are because now she's not coming to her son's house but to his wife's house. Makes a difference, take it from a mother in law. You'll be fine, just be yourself.
L.

so i go said...

have a wonderful holiday!!