Taking a coffee break right now. Vicki is engrossed in some puzzles... but of course the second I typed that she decided she needed to go potty. Gotta love potty training. So much fun!! (that would be sarcasm, in case you were unsure)
So I decided this year, that I am making most of my Christmas presents. What was I thinking? I have managed to get a few done, but I have much more to do, and so little time left until Christmas. I just have to laugh at myself sometimes. What a dough-head.
So as many of you already know, I have an intense passion for the drama ministry at my church. I love to act. I love to write. I love brainstorming new ideas. Last night was the night our wonderful leader was handing out the parts for the dramas leading up to Christmas. She had many many parts. We had a great turn out. Jill gave me a nice meaty role. Just reading the script brought tears to my eyes, and I had helped with the concept and knew where it was going! Anyways, great script. Great role. But then, one of the other ladies on our team came in and she was so excited about the Christmas dramas. She asked me if any parts were left. I shrugged and clutched my script very tightly. I knew there were no more parts. As I read over the script and familiarized myself with my character, I could Becky sitting with her son, helping him go over his script. I dont know what came over me (it was that small still voice... Shari this role is not for you. For you, I have other plans). I went over there and gave her my script, and told her to go ahead and read for the part. She said, "like an audition?" I hesitated, then said, "No, no. You go ahead and take this part. I have done so many dramas lately, I am happy to step back and let someone else have the stage." Becky was so excited. And, her son and daughter were cast as, get this... her son and daughter. They are going to be wonderful!! So I was only half lying when I said I was happy to step back. I know that Becky will do great. I know I could have too. Jill, being the awesome leader and friend that she is, she knew how I was feeling. But its ok. I don't have to always be in the spotlight. It's not ALWAYS about me. (I'll just keep telling myself that.) This drama is to be performed Christmas Eve and Christmas morning during service. Somehow I just know that God is going to use it big time to touch people's hearts and remind them of His love. So ya, I'm a little sad, cause I really wanted that part. But, I am also kind of excited to see how it all comes together. It's totally a God thing!

***singing*** It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... la la la la laaaa...
3 comments:
You are an extraordinary person, Shari. I love you and am so proud of you!
what a gift too that you get to sit back and BE blessed. and have the eve and morning to spend with your loved ones.
love you
Oh Muck.
I don't know what to say.
Post a Comment