Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Turning

I used to write. Poetry, stories and such. I destroyed most of what I wrote without ever showing it to anyone. Then one day a friend convinced me to share something. So I shared a little poem with her. Then I shared with another friend and soon, I was writing and sharing with anyone and everyone. It was very therapeutic. I poured my hurting onto paper, or onto my keyboard. It has been years since I've written. Mostly because I have been happy and content. It seems that the only time I was inspired was when I was in pain.
This morning, I wrote a poem. But, before Kristi gets all "what's wrong?" on me, (lol) I just want to clarify, I'M FINE. My inspiration came from another's broken heart. Anyway, I thought I would share, because although I am no Poe or Shakespeare, my hope is that it may touch someone. It might not, but I won't let that stop me... LOL!! So......


You once said you would be with me forever,
then held my hand as you roped the moon.
You took the stars and put them in my pocket,
as you promised the future would start very soon.

We planned and we dreamed,
with our eyes shut tight.
We spiraled and fell,
and lost the long fight.

I most desperately want to repair what is broken,
finding strength in the Almighty One.
I stand and choose to make the changes,
to save myself for me, for our son.

You once said you would be with me forever...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL!!!

I sooo would have thought that!

Miss-buggy said...

beautiful poem. I also write when I am sad. Sometimes I want to write when I am happy but just can't find the words and want to live in the moment. I too also write when I feel a loved ones pain.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

my first thought was K's first thought. Beautiful words.
L.