Monday, August 01, 2005

Old friends, new memories

Spent a little time with some old friends this weekend. Wait, that is not quite right. I helped a friend move. So it's more like, I spent some time lugging and hauling and sweating. And there was an old friend whom I haven't seen in a long while, at least not to have an actual conversation with. At the end of the more laborous part, we sat around on the patio, eating pizza, relaxing a bit and having a little conversation. It was weird. I used to be an intregral part of this group of people. Now, I'm more of an observer. And although I know almost everyone there, I was now an outsider. I don't really know these people anymore. It sure was fun to spend a little time getting to know them again. Especially my old friend. [I feel I must clarify that I mean old as in I knew him so many years ago, not as an age refernce. ALTHOUGH, he is almost 5 years older than me. hehehe ;-) ]

It's interesting, to me, that through all the years, and all the changes life has brought for me and for him, my old friend was the same. Different, but the same. I wanted to just send everyone else away and spend some time really talking with him, like we used to do, all those years ago. But, alas, I was not there for me. I was there to help out my friend and there was work to be done. I hate it when its not all about me.

But anyways, old friend, if you are ever in the area, let me know. It would be so great to have coffee some time. I sure have missed you. It was great seeing you again. You know who you are.

3 comments:

Scott said...

who ya calling old!!!!!!!!!!??????????

shari said...

ummm... not old... older????? hehee

shari said...

It's always been you Bennie!!!!