Friday, August 19, 2005

coming home

It has been settled, we do not qualify for the housing program we were looking into. Apparantly we make too much money. And, yet, I don't feel rich. LOL.

So, I am experiencing some mixed emotions. I wanted answers to our prayers, which we got. We stay here in Lynden. I am happy for that part. This is the best for the kids. But, still, there is this feeling. Like, it's not finished yet. There is something else around the bend. I sure hope so, cause I dont like this little voice in the back of my head that keeps saying, don't get too comfortable here. Don't plan too far ahead. But, dammit, I like it here!!!! The kids like it here!!!! *sigh*

I am really not good at being patient and waiting for the future to unfold. I want the map clearly laid out for me. It's not in my nature to not know where we are going. Sure, we have a couple more years in this house before our landlord is planning to sell it. But, as I have learned in the past, the landlords can change their plans. After all, they have lives too. And life, being what it is, can throw curve balls. Eventually the ball makes contact and sets off a chain of events, leaving us without a home, AGAIN.

SO.... praying for patience and faith that God will provide, as He has before.

*sigh* I just want to know when I am really "home".

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been thinking alot about owning a home lately. Somewhere I'm sure we are going to be staying, where I can decorate how I want, somewhere I can make "ours". Now we like where we are, the people and yard are fantastic. The suite itself is nice too, but it won't be big enough forever(it's already squishy), and it's not ours. Yet anything more seems so far into the future, it's so fustrating. I'm sure though that God has good things in store for you, and us as well, it's just a matter of what and when. The whole patience thing sucks though. Oh well, sorry it didn't work out for you!

holymotherofgod said...

I know from reading your blog that you guys really want to own your own home. Have you seen a mortgage broker, or explored different lending options ? I wish I knew more about American mortgages so I could help you somehow.... All I really know is that you guys have one interest rate the whole length of your mortgage, or something like that.

And thanks for your condolences, Shari. Things are slowly, slowly returning to normal although it certainly will change the family dynamics.

Kristi said...

I know that sucks Muck.
But its better for J.D. and Al to not have to change schools and stuff.
Another way will come