Monday, July 25, 2005

Something Blue


Ah, summer weddings....

We went to a lovely wedding on Saturday. Bobo and Dani are finally married. Bobo, also known as Tom, is Kristi's brother. Their family has been my family for many, many years. I grew up as much in their home as my own. Kristi's dad teased me almost as much as my own. He scowled at me almost as much too. LOL. Deservedly so, as well. Hehe. Her mom, well, she was Mom. She looked out for me and treated me like one of her own. Missy and Tom I didnt get to know as much until in later years, although I have fond memories of both. Missy running away to the school grounds and Kristi and I going to get her. Tom running around in his cape with Mark. Underwear Man and Boy Elastic!!! Sleep overs that involved sneaking out and climbing fences, and me falling off fences, and hours of giggling. Kristi and I, we were good kids. The ones who were the voices of reason when our friends were getting up to no good. Kristi more than me even.

Anyways, the wedding was lovely, as I said. The ceremony was in the beautiful yard of Tom's parents house. Greg and Linda have a yard like a park. Actually, most parks arent that nice! The men were handsome in their tuxes, the bridemaids looked beautiful. Charlotte was the flower girl. She was so marvellous. And she looked just beautiful. Pop on over to
Kristi's blog for pictures, as I dont have any yet. Dani was picture perfect bride. Kristi was MC. She did a fabulous job!

The reception was at a local hall. Quite small. Very warm. But a lot of fun. The stories of Tom and Dani were a lot of fun. To know Tom, is to laugh with him. Missy and Kristi told some great childhood memories, and some friends and family told more stories. I love that part.

Let me tell you, though, going to a wedding with an 18 month old is not fun. She is too young to understand about being quiet during the important parts. She doesnt sit still. Ever! She wants to run and play. Doesnt matter that you are trying to watch a wedding, or eat your dinner, or have a conversation. We sat with the minister, Mark, who married Tom and Dani, and his wife and his parents. Mark and Tom were best friends as children, see above, re: super-underwear-heroes. They were fun to sit with, well I think they were, hard to tell, what with chasing Vicki all over the whole time. We were regretting taking her, up until the music and dancing started. Vicki is a dancing machine. She danced and danced and danced. She danced with the other young children, she danced with the bride, she danced with strange men, but she wouldnt dance with me. She clapped after every song. She was so fun to watch. She fell asleep the second she was strapped into her carseat for the ride home.

Anyways, weddings always make me think of my wedding. I loved my wedding. To me, it was perfect. Elegant and fun. Exactly what I wanted. But mostly, I just love my husband. My heart still feels like it might burst when he smiles at me. Oh sure, some of you may say that we have only been married a short time. Two years, next week in fact. But its been a wonderful two years. It feels like longer. Not in a bad way, just in a very busy, so much has happened, has it really only been 2 years? way.

Well, Tom and Dani, I pray that you will be blessed for the rest of your lives with love and contentment. We love you both and miss you lots.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

thanks Muck!

i wonder if its possible for us to plan a overnight camping trip before the summer is gone. Me you and the kids????

I'll have to look at my schedule.........

shari said...

I can do that, but Lexi has soccer practice starting Aug 22, so it has to be before that. (And I am in Minneapolis Aug 20/21)