On the phone with Sammi yesterday:
me: Guess what?
S: what?
me: I booked my plane ticket to come bring you home.
S: really?
me: yeah
S: Wooo hoooo!!!!
Usually when Sammantha goes to visit her mom, her mom comes and picks her up in Seattle and then Darin flies to Minneapolis to bring her home. There is no way in hell we are letting her fly alone on an airplane. I don't care how many other people do it, or how well their kids handle it!! Sure it is inconvenient, and it costs more money, but who cares. The most important thing is Sammantha's safety and well being. This whole leaving one parent behind to be with the other is hard enough without being stuck on a plane alone for three hours and no one to hug the tears away.
Anyways, I digress. Usually, Darin goes to pick her up... this time, Sammi suggested that I come to get her. We must have been on the same wave length, cause I was going to bring it up.
Well she is very excited that we will be travelling home together. Me too. What an amazing honour it is to be loved by this little girl and to have her in my life every day. She is not just my step-daughter. She is a gift. She is my child. I would lay my life down to save hers.
What a blessing.
4 comments:
That is so beautiful Shari. You've got my crying! Sammi is amazing and it's so amazing to see her grow closer and closer to you each day. You are so blessed!
that is really a blessing. SO awesome.
when is she coming home???
Coming home Aug 21.
Post a Comment