The kids and I went over to Muck's house last night. It was Mom and Dad's 39 anniversary!! The whole family was there. It is always a lot of fun to celebrate with Muck's family, which is my second family. Heck, I see Tom, Dani, Missy and Duane more than my own brother. Although that is due to circumstances outside our control right now. Anyways... the point is, that it was a good time. Uncle John and Aunt Jeanotte andNanna and Grandad were there. I almost had a small heart attack when Nanna bent over and picked up Victoria. Nanna is so tiny and fragile, and Vicki is about 26 lbs.
There was the most spirited game of Pictionary game I ever did see. I wish I could have stayed and played with them, but I had to get my littlest angel home to bed. (who stayed awake and whined all the way home)
When I was leaving, Kristi walked us out to the van. Her street is pretty busy and people seem to be in a very large hurry there. so we are standing at the side door, getting Vicki settled in her car seat. When a car comes speeding towards us. Kristi let out a "holy smokes" and she stepped into the space of the open door and leaned into the van as the car sped past. I looked up and I thought the car was going to hit us. It was only inches from the us and the van. If Kristi hadn't stepped in, it would have hit her for sure. My heart was in my throat. But it wasnt until later, when I was home and I had one of those moments where it clicked how close that really was. I said a prayer of thanks to the Lord that he designed Kristi to be someone who if very aware of her environment and that He kept her (and me too) safe. So I've been in this place since where I am just so thankful for the health and safety of all my loved ones. There are so many immenent dangers in our lives. Some we know, some we don't. Our loved ones are gifts that we need to treasure and be thankful for every day. Hug your friends and family like you will never get to hug them again. Tell them you love them. Anyone who has lost someone they care about, knows what I mean.
Speaking of loved ones... I have to run and pick up Darin from his buddie's where he spent the night celebrating his buddie's birthday last night. We couldnt be two places in once, so I told Darin to see if a friend could give him a ride to Sasha's. He did get offered a ride, but we didnt want to worry about a safe ride home, so he crashed there. Sometimes, being a one vehicle family BITES.
Apparently I cannot sleep when Darin is away. I tossed and turned then finally got up and did a little surfing till it was starting to get light. I still couldnt fall asleep. I swear I heard a rooster crow before I finally fell asleep. Needless to say I feel like crap today. Not enough caffeine in the world today.
9 comments:
I had a weird "car" experience last night as well: I was running to the store around 8:30p and the car in front of me starting weaving and make a sharp angle across the road and hit the curb. The car stopped and I pulled over to see if anyone was hurt.
Turns out, it was a teenage girl on a cell phone reaching under the dash for something. Thankfully, no one happened to be walking on the side of the road at the time.
I can't sleep when Rod is away either. I end up exhausted when he's the one on the trips. When he was in New York last time for 6 days(5nights) I thought I was going to die from lack of sleep. Glad you guys are safe!!
that car aimed for me!
It was nice!
Like a magnet.
Now why can't the same thing work for the right man!!!
hmm. obvioulsy MY magnet is faulty!
It was freaky though. I kept moving closer to the van and it just didn't seem close enough.
It seemed like they sped up and everything.
i was super pissed!
~Heya Scoot!! That girl is very lucky that a curb is all she hit.
Nice to see ya here!!
Josh and Lexi's dad is a truck driver. When we were married, I slept alone as often and sometimes more often than with him. And then I slept alone for 4 years. I am surprised at how empty the bed felt. Lord help me when they send darin away for training for a week.
I also realized that I was a little off that night after that car tried to run Kristi over. Every time I closed my eyes I could see that car speeding past us, only inches away.
my husband is the same way Allen... he'd sleep through a tornado.
I would rather sleep alone. The whole touching me and feet and space. Augh!
Breathing. I hate it when soemone breaths on me!!! Makes me nuts!
WEll actually a King size bed works best for me. I think I might have to insist if ever I shoudl live with, marry, a man.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
My queen size will do!
good one!!!!!Bradsblog
Whao, suddenly I think I should know who you are if you know the tribe called Marchant.... Do I ? I should ask the Blonde Blogging One... Hmmm. Suddenly I feel stupider than normal....
LOL.. we have met at Tom and Dani's a couple times. I'm the short one with all the kids in tow.
Post a Comment