Monday, March 07, 2005

Mmmm... new car smell....

Lately I have been doing some cleaning. I'm not talking about my house, but me. I am in the midst of a season of healing and growth. I have been getting rid of some baggage and cleaning out some cobwebs. Decluttering my heart and soul. But for all my attempts to clean up, I can only do so much. The rest is up to God. Only He can truly make me clean. As I contemplated this, I was lead to this "Daily Wisdom" from BibleGateway.com. It spoke of detailing a car, and how God can do that in our lives. I started wondering... What is God going to clean out that I have been hanging onto? What gunk am I harbouring in the little crevices?
Well... here I am Lord. I'm ready for the new car smell in my old, worn out jalopy. =)

5 comments:

cari said...

I just spent the night scrubbing little bits of sticky-who-knows-what off every surface at the photo counter, the counter doesn't look that much cleaner but I know it's germ-free. It was a good task tonight as I didn't want to do any real work, got my mind off a crummy day and was able to let off steam while putting in some heavy duty elbow grease.....now if I could just apply that to my personal life.....

what's the word on the house?

shari said...

nothing new on the house yet.

Kristi said...

Muck!!!

Charlene needs analysis.
http://holymotherofgod.blogspot.com/
Go visit her site.
Its about a coconut!
your Fav.....LOL

Kristi said...

What The Hell is this 'Dejamoo' thing that keeps popping up when i attend your Blog?!?

Maybe its only happening to me. A lot of things only happen to me. So just let me know if I'm on my own with this so I can deal with it accordingly.

shari said...

dejamoo is supposed to be there, so no worries. I will change it once in awhile to say something else. I thought it was fun... guess not huh? :P