Friday, March 04, 2005

Bring On the Rain

I was having a conversation with Charity about our situation. I confessed that although I believe that God will provide, I still have times of feeling defeated. She sent me this song. It seems very appropriate for how I am feeling at the moment.

Bring on the Rain - Jo Dee Messina (with Tim McGraw)

Another day has almost come and gone
Can’t imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I’d like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war (‘cause)

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It’s almost like the hard times circle ‘round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I’m not dead

Tomorrow’s another day
And I’m thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I’m not gonna let it get me down
I’m not gonna cry
And I’m not gonna lose any sleep tonight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good song! ~hugs~ Still praying!

holymotherofgod said...

Hey Shari ! You might've seen me post on Kristi's weblog, I figured I would look at yours - hope you don't mind !
I loved your post on her site, analyzing her dream. I completely conquer with what you said ! I was reading your dream, this one here :

After I lost Nicholas, I had reoccurring dreams of being in my grandmother's attic, and there was always someone else with me. I was often looking out the window into the cherry tree I used to climb as a child. Then the roof would disappear.
I dreamt that over and over until I finally took some time to figure out what it was trying to tell me. I'm not sure it served any purpose in my journey of healing, but examing the dream made the dreams stop.

Interesting stuff in this dream - going to the attic makes me think of you retreating into your mind to deal with the loss. Not being alone would make me think of your faith, or your understanding that you are not alone in your grief. I've no idea who Nicholas is or his relationship to you, but the fact that a cherry tree exists outside the window ( windows being representative of what you SEE ) makes me think of fruit, of harvests, crops, of children (?) which may refer to your own childhood and climbing cherry trees. The fact that the roof comes off, I wonder if that might symbolize being freed from the attic and where you were emotionally at the time. Or the desire to be freed from it.
Just some thoughts ! I LOVE talking about dreams !

Hope to see you around =)

shari said...

I love your analasys. Very much how I saw it at the time. Nicholas was my son, whom I lost in the second trimester of pregnancy. It was definitely a journey of healing for me.
Glad you stopped by. Please come on by anytime!!! =)