So I'm looking over the regristration for Girls Softball that Sammantha brought home from school. It is part of our community's youth sports program. She wants to try it. Great!! I love it that my girls aren't scared to try new things and check out sports. My dilemma is in deciding whether or not to coach again. I enjoyed being asst. coach so much for Sammantha's basketball team. I would like to do this to. The problem is time committment. It is a twice-a-week commitment AND Lexi's school soccer season overlaps at the same time. Lexi has two practices a week, plus two games a week. I love going and watching Lexi's games. They are very exciting, especially with Lexi being in the top portion of talent out there.
So I'm weighing the scales. Commit to being asst. coach for softball, and most likely not be able to make most of Lexi's games. Or not and try to balance watching and supporting both.
Well....... that is only part of the problem. There is also this other thing. You see, I have quite a competitive spirit and watching 3rd and 4th grade girls playing softball will be pretty much like torture. (softball is sooooo boring)
SO, by admitting that, am I a bad mother? I want to support my daughters efforts to try new things. I want to raise confident, fearless girls who will grow into women who are not afraid to take the world by storm, who are not limited by stereotypes or unable to believe in themselves and their ability to chase their dreams.
So maybe if I coach again, I will have a vested interest in it, and therefore not so torturous and so hopefully, not spending the entire time wishing I was at Lexi's soccer, or at home, or at the dentist!! LOL.
But sadly, what it all really comes down to is that I cant committ to coaching this time around. Josh is actually doing well at school right now, and I don't want to put babysitting on his plate right now. So, I guess I'll paste on a smile and go cheer from the stands. Victoria and I will run back and forth between softball and soccer, praying for good weather and much patience. I will wait for next basketball season to coach again.
SOOOOO....Anyone out there who looks exactly like me who wants to go to some softball games?
I'm kidding!!
kind of....
2 comments:
Sorry Muck. I would pick Softball over Soccer any day.
Coach anything?? nope. To much of a time comittiment.
I'm sure that doesn't help you, but there you go anyway
Well, as it turns out, I just can't anyways. Josh is also trying out for soccer at school. He is also planning to try out for football next year. So whatever the sport, I will watch and I will cheer. And if ever cant find me, I'll be at soccer, or soccer, or softball, or basketball, or football, or soccer.... LOL...
AHHHHHHHH....
Post a Comment