I was asked yesterday by the director of our Church's drama team if I would accept a role in the dramas for Easter Weekend. Of course I accepted! I would pretty much have to have limbs falling off before I would turn down an opportunity to act.
So I will be playing the role of "wife". The actor playing the role of "husband" is about 10 years older than I am. And our director wondered aloud if the audience would accept this as authentic. (You would have to read the script to truly get why the connection between husband and wife is not directly obvious)
Anyways.... it got me to thinking. UH OH> Somebody stop me.....
Why is it that men are considered to age gracefully and women just get old? A man's hair becomes salt and peppered. Women's - grey. Men become distinguished. Women used up. Why?
So obviously its a perception thing. I mean, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
But, and here is the twist of irony (I so do love some good irony).... A man reaches his sexual peak at 18ish. A women - 40ish.
Sooooooo keeping that in mind, I think I have the answer.....
Women find men more attractive as they get older because they have to.
4 comments:
hahaha!!!!
Wow we have too! Muck! Shame on you!
Does that mean men older than me or the same age. Cause thats kinda old anyway!
I was told today that I was a very fine looking woman! by a man much younger than myself. And I'm currently checking the neighbors garden about once a week. He's 5 yrs younger than I and thinks I'm Hot. so what does that mean. Besides that I'm easy!!!
So when is this play?? I'd like to plan to see it!!!
LOL.. I meant older men in general. And of course you are fine. You are not old yet. Cause if you are, then so am I, and you can see why that is a problem. So I promise not to get "old" if you don't!!
Oh, and its not a play, its a drama that is a part of the church services that weekend. About 5 mins in length. The drama's help to illistrate some kind of human experience that can help set up the theme of the Pastor's sermon and helps the congregation identify with it.
if you need a reference i have the video of the 4 of you doing 'sister act' at hurray for hollywood.
LOL... I would love to see that again some time. It was soo much fun!
Post a Comment