Victoria, being one, has been practising using words lately. She usually learns a new word and says nothing but that for a week or so until something new comes up. Her very first word was "hot", followed by "no" (which she says as she is doing something she is not allowed to do), then "more, then "Josh"...
For the last couple of weeks the word has been Daddy. It seemed to be a multi-purpose word for her. She called everybody daddy.
Then there was last night. We had been out for dinner as a family. Upon returning home, I got Vicki ready for bed. Then we sat down on the couch with daddy and blankie. She immediately looked over at Daddy and said, "Daddy" then climbed onto his lap. Many hugs and kisses followed, mixed with some "daddy's" and some giggles.
Then it happened. She was sucking her thumb, looking at me upside down, and she pulled her thumb out with an almost audible 'pop', and said, "Mommy". She then proceeded to climb onto me, bringing hugs and kisses and lots of "Mommy's". It was one of those defining moments, that reminds you of what a gift this small child is. Of how precious our relationship is. I was basking in the newly found "Mommy" when in walked Lexi. She came, gave me a kiss and said, "I love you, Mommy". She doesnt call me Mommy much anymore. It's usually Mom, but for some reason she chose then to say it. They never get too big for me to hear it.
4 comments:
i can't wait till Grace begins talking to me. she just started smiling and laughing when she looks at me. my heart melts.
Awww, I love that Shari. My twins are nine today, nine! As much as I love gaining my freedom back, I sure miss those sweet baby moments :)
You have a beautiful family!
Thanks. I kinda like them. hehe
Oh Shari. so special! I'm glad for you.
I've been doing so much reflecting the last 8/9 months of how much time I've missed with Charlotte because I had to go back to work full time when she was 3.
Let me tell you. I FULLY REGRET IT. I worked so much that first year back. Every second weekend.......
than this last summer..........
I never should have let ANYONE dictate to me that going back to work was what I needed to do. The plan was to stay with her till kindergaerten/preschool. I should have bit the bullet that last year and a half.
She's the only baby I'll ever have and I missed it.
I was still missing it. I've managed to change that now. Since Sept.
My daughter spelled her name for the first time, at daycare. That should have been with me.
Don't give it up Muck you'll NEVER get it back
Post a Comment