Why won't teenagers wear jackets? It can be 10 below freezing, or pouring rain but off to school they go without their jackets. I mean, sure, they look great hanging in the closet. That is exactly what I had in mind when I purchased them. (sarcasm)
Yet, buy them a new shirt or pair of jeans, and they wear it until it could wear them. Then it finally makes it's way to the laundry room and then 10 mins later, its "Moooommm... have you done the laundry yet??? I neeeeed my new shirt."
And how hard is it to hang up a towel after you have a shower? Well, according to the all the crumpled wet towels on the floors of certain childrens' (and husband's) bedrooms, it is very very difficult. Then Josh replies with a "its very hard Moooomm! Nearly impossible" and I can't help but smile.
Still though, the jackets are in the closet and the towels on the floor. Tomorrow, it will be the same and I will question them again, and probably get the same answer. Then again the next day... and the next....
1 comment:
I think the whole concept behind not wearing a jacket in the winter time is simple: it's not cool.
I'm continually suprised when I'm on campus how many college kids wear flip-flops when there is a foot of snow on the ground.
Brrrrrr!
Post a Comment