Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hindsight

Do you ever think back to past events in your life and wonder what you would do differently, and what of your current life that it would change? I do this every so often. Its not healty, I know, to spend too much time in the past. Sadly, though, I have stuff left unsaid, or hurts unresolved. We all do. Every single human being has their baggage. We all feel like our baggage is bigger, heavier and uglier than other peoples. And we all also have times when the baggage seems not so bad. And at what point to we let go of our baggage, knowing that we can't change it? And how do we know that we can't? How do we know we should?
I came across the blogs of some old friends today. People who I havent seen in a long time. People with whom I have a history. It made me miss them, while at the same time bringing up some old hurts. I hovered my mouse over the comments link. My heart raced and my stomach turned. I wanted to say HI, or just a simple, glad to hear you are doing well. But I didnt. The hurt is still there. And what would this person do if they saw that I said HI. Would their stomach turn, and heart pound and would they be filled with the same mixed emotions I am feeling? I guess I won't know.
So I'll say a prayer for them, and continue on my merry little way.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think the Spirit will lead both of you to act when (or if) the time is ever right. And God is not accustomed to leaving us with feelings of nausia! Haahaa! Mwah!