Monday, August 11, 2008

adventures of new home owners

in no particular:

~~ me: is your room ALL packed up?

insert any of my 3 teenagers here: almost

me: almost, as in its done except for the few things you need until we move?

insert any of my 3 teenagers here: sure

me: if you don't finish it yourself, I will take the liberty of what stays and what gets thrown away!

insert any of my 3 teenagers here: i know

fast forward to me or D packing the rest up and removing bags and bags AND BAGS of crap from room 1and the other 2 teenagers madly trying to finish their rooms before I make it out of room 1 and to their rooms!

~~ when you move into a house that has sat vacant for months, the ants and spiders wage war against you. They believe it is their territory and they don't want to give it up. We will be victorious! Die insects! DIE!

~~ it took two weeks, but we finally agreed on furniture placement in our living room

~~ hot tubs are expensive and have lots of parts to break =(

~~ window coverings are expensive. Privacy is overrated.

~~ forget to mark one box and it will go missing and it will be the one with the hairspray in it!

~~ husband: where's the (insert random household object here)?

wife: To be honest, I don't know.

husband: but you unpacked it!

wife: yes. yes I did. I still don't know.

husband: but....

wife: seriously, do I have to come and look for it, the exact same way you are capable of, with opening of cupboards, drawers and doors until I find it?

~~ A new patio set on the deck is the very best place to sit and have a lemonade on a hot afternoon. ((thanks baby, you're the best!))

~~ The bed seems more comfy when it is located within the walls of our very own home.

~~ Home really is where the heart is!

7 comments:

Susan Kirchmayer said...

sounds like fun!

liz said...

yes, hot tubs can be a pain we've had to fix ours twice in the last year. I hope you can fix it at some point.

would love to see a pic of the new patio set!

Michelle said...

Yes! More photos once your settled!

Anonymous said...

is love this post. So funny. I know how you feel about spiders and Yes. YOou will be victorious!

Feels good to get into those rooms I bet and just TOSS!
I am continuesly doing that here. but Ssshhh. Charlotte doesn't know.

shari said...

*giggle* I won't tell. I promise!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! K thanks! She'll never know.....she is coming up 10 and getting really ..... wellyou know..... she won't miss a thing!

Trina Baron said...

Hey there! Teacher Trina here...Did you get the message about the orientation? Also, would Vicki be able to attend the morning class instead of the afternoon. We have only one other sign up for that class. Just checkin. Hope to meet you both soon!
Trina Baron