
Okay... so was following links again. (This is what happens when I dont have any emails to read lol) I found this Individual Writing Challenge and thought it sounded like fun. For rules and guidelines click HERE. Basically, they post a picture and you write something for it and submit it. So here I go.
IWC #1:
It started out a day like any other. I rolled out of bed and wondered where would I start the job hunting for the day. I showered and put on my best t-shirt and jeans. Check the clock... only 11:27 am. "Not bad", I thought to myself. "Earlier start than yesterday."
I said good-bye to my mom and went outside. Someone had TP'd my car, again. I pulled cleared off the windshield and tore through the paper to open the door and I was off. I felt good. I felt confident that today I would find a job.
After stopping in to follow up on my applications at a couple places, I headed uptown. Surely, there might be something for me in the shopping district. As I hunted for a place to park, I spotted Matt and Lacey, my best friends. They were just being seated at a trendy little bistro out on the patio. They waved for me to join them. "Oh sure." I muttered out loud to myself. "Ya, I can afford to have lunch when I don't have a job." But, just then a parking space appeared in front of me, seeminly like magic. I shrugged and pulled in.
I hopped over the little fence around the patio and joined my friends. They already had some drinks. Matt, who had just recently come out of the closet, was talking excitedly about his new favorite hoody and how cool it looks with his sunglasses. Lacey seemed very busy not listening and drinking. She had a line of drinks in front of her. Red wine, white wine and beer. Matt finally came up for air and asked Lacey what was up. She turned to look at us and was about to speak when my cell phone rang.
It was a job offer!!! In fact, it was the one I had been hoping for with the county. We all jumped up and down and cheered, making quite a scene. Lacey, who was by now getting more than a little drunk, pushed all her drinks my way while summoning our server for more beverages. It was time to celebrate, because tomorrow, I have to go for training.
I still didnt have any way to pay for lunch, nevermind drinks, so I cheerfully refused. But Matt and Lacey would hear nothing of it. Lacey started force feeing me wine while Matt chattered on happily about accessorizing and dancing a beer bottle on my head. We spent about three and a half hours there. Trying all the different wines and beers. Lacey finally spilled that her floral business is in trouble. "Must be the long lunch breaks," I offered. She was not amused.
When we finally headed out, I went to my car to grab a couple things before we walked over to Matt's house. Someone had TP'd my car. AGAIN. Or maybe that was from before. I couldnt really remember anymore....
by fruitloopgirl (aka:shari)
the small print:
The photo is from Google Images. The story is from my not yet fully caffeinated mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment