I have been trying to do just that for a few weeks now. I stumbled upon her online, and have sent several short emails just to say hi and such. She finally replied back. She added me to messenger and her blog, but her email seemed so distant and short. I'm pretty sure there isn't any reason for her to be out of sorts with me, but it's been a long time, and things were so screwed up back then. Who knows. Maybe I had offended her somehow, or let her down. I sure hope not, because I never meant to and am so sorry if I did. I hope it's not that, but just that her life is busy and she just doesn't have time or room right now.
You see, I really miss this friend. We had so much fun together, but mostly, I miss the long talks about life with her. But that is not really what this post is about.
There has been a lot of crap that many of my friends are dealing with lately. Broken heart issues, health issues, emotional health issues, job stress, loneliness, fears and loss. Just to mention a few.
Some of these friends have reached out. Some have turned inward. Some are so busy dealing.
Then there have been my own issues. The doldrums and some emotional stress of dealing with the headstrong and incredibly persistent teenaged daughter.
It's all got me thinking about the value of friends in our lives. Not just the general concept of friends, but the God-given friends. The ones who sustain us in hard times. The ones who celebrate the triumphs and mourn the losses with us.
Then, yesterday, at C&C (my Monday morning women's group), the topic was 'the state of our hearts'. Which lead us into the discussion of the value of true friends. The ones who you can count on to be praying for you. The ones who will go out on a limb for you. And how, sometimes, these friends come from unexpected places. It's not always who you think it's going to be. Sometimes, God brings you someone for this specific crisis. Someone who's been there. Someone who understands, when no one else does. These friends are gifts. Sometimes they are friends for life. Sometimes they are just for a season. Sometimes, even, for just right now. But, either way, they are gifts.
I wish I could go to each of my friends right now and give them a huge hug. The kind of hug that says, "right now its safe. Safe to cry, laugh, vent, pray, whatever you need. It's safe." I can't do that BUT, I can remind each of them that I love them, I treasure them, and keep them. You know who you are. (If you are reading this, it's probably you. LOL)
I love the story I posted previously and the statement, "Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life, for better or for worse. God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others."
AMEN.
Keep lookin'.
Keep huggin'.
Keep lovin'.
Keep prayin'.
9 comments:
It's so true. True friends are a gift from God. I'm so gulity of turning inward when I should be reaching out. I isolate then end up missing out on what's going on in my friends lives. I just hope and pray that they know I care. I know God wants us to lean on him and each other, so I'm working on it.
Thanks for such a beautiful post.((Hugs))
(((((hugs))))) Love you tons and tons. :)
(((((((hugs to you both))))))
love ya whole big bunches
it is amazing the people God brings into our lives. You included.
Love you!
love ya back! =)
good luck Muck!
Your posts have been so beautiful. I hope that I have not been the cause of sorrow for you. You mean a lot to me, and I'm terrible at showing it.
no sorrow, hun. I value you immensley. Miss ya lots.
Post a Comment