
I'm sitting here drinking my coffee out of a Christmas mug, while Vicki is watching Frosty the Snowman for about the 20th time since I pulled out our Christmas movies a week ago. I have so much to do this week, and no motivation to do it. I haven't finished all of my Christmas baking, nor all of my shopping. My bedroom looks like a small department store blew up in it, with all the unwrapped Christmas presents piled up in there. Our household is battling head colds and allergies, so there is a lot of sneezing and sniffling and an extraordinarily high consumption of Kleenex. And yet, I am not feeling stressed, or anxious.
Darin took last week off. We took his parents and Sammantha to the airport on Wednesday. We have had a lot of time for just the two of us. Well, and Vicki. Josh and Lexi were at their dad's this weekend. We had some friends come over Friday night and that was a lot of fun. Yes, that is right, friends. Real, local friends. Hehe, we are amazed also. But all of this was to say how good it was to have so much time together. It's been so hectic in our house the last few months that we don't get much time together anymore. So I got to spend some time with my best friend and rediscover how much we enjoy each others company. He still melts my heart when our eyes make contact. When he tells me those three magical words, I still feel all giddy like a school girl.
Anyways, our time together refreshed and rejuvenated me... That's a lot of words just to say that. What can I say? LOL. I'm a wordy person. I have the gift of babble.
Ok... gonna go be productive now, or maybe not... Whatever.... hehe
2 comments:
I'm glad for you.
Well except for the sick part. i hope you're better by christmas eve!!
if not we'll have to make a plan to all make it togehter somehow for a nice dinner/evening with all of us.
Okay??
Absolutely, Muck!!
Post a Comment