Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane?

No, it's super-me!! Been very UP the last couple of days. So much so, that I even *gasp* BAKED!!! *shake head in disbelief* I baked, and it didn't suck!! That is such a rarity in itself, that it only led to increasing my good mood. Sadly, my husband didn't get to 'reap' the benefits of my mood and energy, as I fell asleep on the couch shortly after 9:30 last night. Not sure when I got up and brushed my teeth and paddled off to bed, but apparently I looked all "cute" in my jeans and tshirt, with my hair falling out of the braid and sleepy eyes. Yup, I'm here to please.

Next Step - Head Gear!
Took Josh to the orthodontist this morning. He had his first hardware put in. No brackets on his teeth yet. First they need to align his jaw. So he has bands and some wire. Next step is head gear. Anyway, he had the cutest lisp when he was done. He was concentrating very hard when he was speaking to try and avoid the lisp. I'm sure his girlfriend will think it adorable. YES, my baby boy has a girlfriend. She is a friend of Lexi's, and a very nice girl. But, seeming as how neither of them are really allowed to date, they have to settle for hanging out at school, youth group, walking home together occasionally, talking on the phone and group outings only. Oh, Josh says, "I guess" when I ask if they are a couple or if she is his girlfriend. Typical 15 yr old guy. It's sooooooooooo obvious Josh. You two spend every available opportunity together. Just call it what it is.

Next stop - emergency!
It was only a matter of time that Josh and Lexi started dating each other's friends. Josh's friends think Lexi is hot. Lexi's friends think Josh is hot. They have a lot of mutual friends. We've been talking about respecting each others feelings as things can get complicated in these situations. They assure me that they have talked it all out. Lexi seems pretty cool with the connection between her friend and her brother. Oh yeah, they're all good. It's mom who needs pulmonary resuscitation as her babies strike out into the world. And Darin is ready to take down any guy who doesn't treat any of his daughter's right. Be thee warned, potential boyfriends of Lexi, Sammi and Victoria.

The Writing's on the Wall
As I was putting Victoria down for her nap, I noticed that the wall her crib is up against, has all these dirty foot and hand prints on it. I look closer, and oh, great, they are on the bars of the crib and the head of the crib. What the???? When did she ever go to bed that dirty? Why have I not noticed it before? Is it new? Then I remember, that when she goes on the trampoline, she always takes her socks off, and it makes for dirty hands and feet. A couple times, she got in a couple quick bounces before nap or bed time. Note to me: Wash Vicki's hands and feet after she has been 'bouncing'.

Gotta go focus some of this energy into something constructive. Think I'll go prune my roses and clean up my flower bed for fall.

La la la.
Its a good day!!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Could you channel some of that energy in my direction?

Kristi said...

HEY!!!!

When you come tomorrow do you want to take that outside thing for V???

Okay now I'll read your post.......

Kristi said...

Josh and a girl.

do I get to give him the condom talk yet?

so i go said...

i'm trying to glean some of your energy by placing my forehead against the computer screen.

i don't think it's working, but i'm happy for you anyway!

shari said...

LOL... it was short lived... back to reality now. Got one home with a migraine and one very cranky baby, and i'm just soooo tired today.