Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Legacy

Spent the day at the fair yesterday. My Dad and I took Victoria and were there all day. Then, we came home, I made dinner, put Vicki to bed, and then Darin and I went back and spent the evening there.

Such simple pleasures.
Smiles and giggles as goats sniff your arm.
Petting a cow for the first time.
The first ride on the carasouel.
Watching the clown.
Imitating the chickens. "Baaaaaawk, bawk bawk."
"Yeeeee-hawwww" while riding the carasouel.
The BIG slide. "Again? Again?"
Driving a car with Grandpa.
Listening to the musicians.


As I watch Victoria taking in all the sights and sounds of the fair, I can't help but be transported back in time. Riding the kiddie rides with my Daddy. Eating cotton candy. Holding my Mommy or Daddy's hands while walking through the crowds. The wonder. The excitement. The feeling of complete safety as long as Mom or Dad's arms are around you.

My legacy is now to pass on these memories and feelings to my kids. What an amazing thing.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It is a wonderful legacy. Thanks for sharing, I really needed to be reminded what it is I'm doing. Hmm....that sounds kinda bad. Just struggling with finding my purpose in day to day life. The decision to stay home was made for the same things you are speaking of. I want to be there for the making of memories and legacies. I just am having a hard time ajdusting to this stay at home mom doing day care thing. I needed a gentle reminder!! Thanks!