Thursday, March 17, 2005

Footsteps on the Roof

The roofers are here today. It's a rather odd sound, them moving about and working on the roof. It scares Vicki. She keeps running into her room and hiding.

I am currently feeling a little overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to afford our move, braces, possibly cheer camp for lexi (it costs between $600-900 to be a cheerleader to cover camp, uniforms, all travel costs), a second vehicle etc etc etc... **sigh** my head hurts

And tonight is mac and cheese night. BLECH!!! No one likes it 'cept Sam, but its her night to pick dinner so we all choke it down. She seems to enjoy watching everyone else suffer through it, as she chimes "Mmmmm yummy... I like mac n' cheese" New dinner picking rule after this week though: if you are the only one in the family who likes it, you are out of luck. Learn to make it yourself so you can make it for the 'fend-for-yourself' lunches on the weekend.

Gonna go drink some more creamerless coffee and have a self-pity part now. =(

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Do you make the mac & cheese the way I used to for the family???
Like a big casserole with eggs real cheese Crackers on top!!!!

totally yummy. Mail mum and ask her exaclty how. It's not nearly as bad then.

What still no milk!!!
Takes me back to the days when we lived together. doens't your roommate have some you could use for today??? hahaha!

Better get him on that!!

shari said...

LOL... milk I have, I just forgot to buy creamer for our coffee. My new room mate got me into the flavoured creamer and now i'm addicted to it. Vanilla nut's my favorite. yummy!!!

and as for mac n' cheese, darin has never liked mac n cheese, josh hasnt liked it since he was very young, no matter how it is fixed up, and lexi used to like it but since it was part of the last meal we ate before the onset of the stomach flu back in december, it is particularily disliked by all.

I just got off the phone with Darin and he groaned at the dinner plan... LOL... we have decided to override dinner request night with a recipe that has both pasta and cheese in it, but doesnt resemble mac n cheese in the least.

Michelle said...

Rod could live on mac n' cheese!! Not me, I can only handle it once in awhile.