Monday, January 24, 2005

I would give this a title, but I didnt get any sleep last night and therefore am not feeling creative, so get over it.

I love my husband, but boy does he make sleeping hard work. I am sitting here with bags under my eyes, and the beginnings of a nasty headache from a long night of fighting for some space on the bed. Now I know he doesnt do it on purpose, and I shouldn't get mad. He is, after all, asleep when he does it. BUT dang it, why does he have to sleep on my side of the bed, or right on me, or right in the middle with his elbow in my head. And what is up with his toes???? Why oh why must they always touch me? Not just be on me, but jab into my feet?? I'm not even going to get started on the alarm clock that scares the crap out of me every morning but doesnt wake him up.
Usually, I have to get him to move over so I wont fall off the bed once or twice in the night. Last night, 5 times!!!!! 5. And the toes.... all night long. Poke, jab. AAAHHHHH. I'm thinking that those tv couples of long ago, Lucy and Ricky, and Dick and Laura had the right idea.
But then, I'd miss out on the cuddling and the "my feet are colder than yours" wars. Sure, I get tired and frustrated, but every night is not this bad. And occassionally, I get to sleep all night without elbow, toes or falling off the bed.
I love my husband. But right at this very moment, I'm lovin' my coffee more.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

WEll I would have to say get another bed!
Sucks but yah. You can still get the cuddling. Just gotta work it out is all. Do your "thing" then put him in his own bed. Its logical. Doesn't mean you stop loving each other. you're just being sensible. How many sleepless nites do you want in the "till death do us part" relationship? If you or he don't die till your 80, and it happens once or twice a week, you're good at math Muck. Thats a lot of Friggin Nights!!!!
You are way to busy in the day to have to deal with being half asleep too.
I love you and I don't have to sleep in the same bed as you to prove it.

shari said...

I'm thinking that if I were to go the seperate bed route, I'd go all the way and have seperate bedrooms and that would also solve the, "why does my half of the room look all neat and tidy and your half looks like the aftermath of a hurricane?" dillemna.
But seriously, I'm in no hurry to change our sleeping arrangement yet. Nights like last night don't happen all that often. So I can deal. But if you see big bags under my eyes every once in awhile, it very well could have been a toes 'n elbows night. :P